SRAM XX1/X01 X-HORIZON Rear Derailleur questions
Two questions about the SRAM XX1/X01 X-HORIZON Rear Derailleur:
1) How many gears can you shift at a time?
2) Can you ride with the clutch mechanism disengaged?
I'm particularly interested in the answer to question 1; because I like to use a grip shifter so I can grab/dump a lot of gears at once. I've heard that SRAM's clutch derailleurs limit you to one gear at a time.
Thanks in advance for your help!
"sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun
1) depends on which direction
1) With the grip shift you can rip thru all the gears at once if you want. With the trigger you can up shift 4 at once, but down shift 1 at a time.
2) Yes, but it is not as simple to do at the Shimano stuff. You have to open it up.
I much prefer the Shimano trigger shifters because you can go down 2 smaller cogs with one push. You also get instant release, plus dual release, and the ergonomics feel a lot better to me.
I recently got a new bike with XX1 trigger, and I want to switch to the grip shifter. They are very expensive, though, and I've heard of some reliability issues with the XX1 grip shifters.
By tri-tele in forum Fat Bikes
Last Post: 03-28-2013, 04:05 AM
By htjunkie in forum Drivetrain - shifters, derailleurs, cranks
Last Post: 03-06-2013, 07:31 AM
By Sand Rat in forum Drivetrain - shifters, derailleurs, cranks
Last Post: 02-15-2013, 05:13 PM
By t_roy in forum Specialized
Last Post: 10-01-2011, 01:31 AM
By ehigh in forum Drivetrain - shifters, derailleurs, cranks
Last Post: 09-25-2011, 03:55 PM