Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaEps View Post
    So is everyone basically saying, if you go XX1, keep the XX1 front ring and mate it to a type 2 RD and then rid myself of the chain guide?
    Yes. Didn't realize you already had the MRP ring. XX1 crankset w/type 2 should allow you to get rid of the chain guide.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hi,
    Does anyone know if the XX1 chain works with a 10 speed cassette ?
    No shifting issues ?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gotpel View Post
    Hi,
    Does anyone know if the XX1 chain works with a 10 speed cassette ?
    No shifting issues ?
    Why bother? Just get a 10 speed chain.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by tiflow_21 View Post
    Why bother? Just get a 10 speed chain.
    Because I already have a 10s chain and it doesn't work that well on the 36th.
    I've seen picture of 10s chain vs xx1 and it seems that the xx1 is way more supple, so it could solve my problem. At least I hope...

manufacturer
    You don't need to have XX1 chainring and crank to have its features.

absoluteBLACK has simpler and lighter solution as well as a lot cheaper!

Sram Spiderless

They will be in stock in 2 weeks in all the colours you need.

Please note that thick-thin profile is not necessary to hold chain like XX1. We have discovered that simple principle with new tooth profile which allows to bring the costs of manufacturing down and keep the chain like on XX1.
    Our tester - XC Slilver World Champion, miltiple national Champion and CX National Champion Marek Konwa has been using it for 4 months now and they perform Awesome

The principle of that is simple. We have achieved incredible tight profile of tooth to mesh a chain. It goes in very smoothly, but when meshed with chain it holds it extremely good. In addition tooth profile is directional! That means it prevents the chain from coming off when back pedal or not pedaling at all while descending.

This is something noone ever done before. Tooth shape is the key to all of that. Alternating tooths just helps further but are not essential.
    Such setup is also on average 150g lighter than spider and XX1 chainring combo.

It can be used on singlespeed, 1x9/10/11. But when using in 1/9 - 10psd chain must be used! - yes it works really good.
    Please note - photos does not show the newest tooth profile yet. Our Shimoano XX1 rendering is much more relevant in that matter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SRAM XX1 cranks and 10 speed-yale-blue.jpg  

SRAM XX1 cranks and 10 speed-racing-red.jpg  

SRAM XX1 cranks and 10 speed-shimano-sram-xx1-36t.jpg  

manufacturer
    so just to let you know how good they are:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=FQ19arAErsY
    Rider - Marek Konwa. Silver MTB World Champion, National MTB Polish Champion, CX National Polish Champion and so on. It's his personal video, so not moded by me etc.
    you can find it also on his Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/marekkonwa
    and a jump on the bike as well: Marek Konwa DH Wilkowice - YouTube
    If it's good enough for him it will be good for everyone

and this is to show how good retention this chainring has. It's all about the tooth shape which can keep the chain in place. Only 5 links is enough to hold onto absoluteBLACK chainring!! Regular chainrings require at least double that.

Try to do it with yours and see result.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SRAM XX1 cranks and 10 speed-p4pb9627095.jpg  

SRAM XX1 cranks and 10 speed-absoluteblack-chainring-1.jpg  

SRAM XX1 cranks and 10 speed-absoluteblack-chainring.jpg  

Last edited by tehan; 05-25-2013 at 12:28 PM.

manufacturer
    Hi,
    I am pleased to announce that 104BCD rings are now available to pre-order on the website.
    I will do my best to deliver them like advised on the site:

XX1 STYLE - Shimano

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6