Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: madskatingcow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    935

    SRAM XX - update for 2013?

    Anybody an idea if there will be an update to the current XX drivetrain components for 2013 (besides XX1 and gripshifters) ?

    New color scheme? Updated components, etc ?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HAL 9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,623
    don't know waiting on a warranty replacement of some sram xx wc brakes this is the SECOND set of world cup brakes that i'm having replaced they are sending me the 2013 editions.

    i'm beginning to sour on sram brakes... i' have not ridden XTR since 06' might reconsider.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by HAL 9000 View Post
    don't know waiting on a warranty replacement of some sram xx wc brakes this is the SECOND set of world cup brakes that i'm having replaced they are sending me the 2013 editions.

    i'm beginning to sour on sram brakes... i' have not ridden XTR since 06' might reconsider.
    Did you receive your 2013 SRAM XX brakes, would love to know differences.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HAL 9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,623
    Quote Originally Posted by cllrmar View Post
    Did you receive your 2013 SRAM XX brakes, would love to know differences.
    not yet...

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Alexgonzalezmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    172
    I have a feeling XX might get phased out in a year or so. X0 is just as good and XX1 is their new big thing. I think the brakes will stick around because of XX forks and other things XX but I really don't see a reason to keep yet another 2X10 system around. It's just too close to X0. If I was them I would ditch X5, X9, and XX and balance out the pricing. It's just too many lines.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexgonzalezmi View Post
    I have a feeling XX might get phased out in a year or so. X0 is just as good and XX1 is their new big thing. I think the brakes will stick around because of XX forks and other things XX but I really don't see a reason to keep yet another 2X10 system around. It's just too close to X0. If I was them I would ditch X5, X9, and XX and balance out the pricing. It's just too many lines.
    I would ditch X5 and XX and sort out the rest.

  7. #7
    Now broadcasting from CO
    Reputation: PAmtbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,222
    Quote Originally Posted by HAL 9000 View Post
    don't know waiting on a warranty replacement of some sram xx wc brakes this is the SECOND set of world cup brakes that i'm having replaced they are sending me the 2013 editions.

    i'm beginning to sour on sram brakes... i' have not ridden XTR since 06' might reconsider.
    Last night at my LBS I picked up a pair of warranty X0 brakes, plus a new pair of XT brakes. The XT brakes will be going on my otherwise full XX bike. They just work better in every way. Test-rode a pair on a friends bike and they are amazing. Avid can't hold a candle to them right now.

    In other news, anyone want a brand new, un-opened set of X0 brakes?
    Brought to you by rocks.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12
    My 2012 XX brakes were warrantied out. New 2013 XX brakes look like World Cups. Per the Sram rep no XX WC for 2013. Check out SRAM's website as they have XX brakes listed.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HAL 9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,623
    Quote Originally Posted by cllrmar View Post
    My 2012 XX brakes were warrantied out. New 2013 XX brakes look like World Cups. Per the Sram rep no XX WC for 2013. Check out SRAM's website as they have XX brakes listed.
    correct I've got warrantied two sets of XX WC brakes the 2012's still have World Cup written on them the other set 2013's do not.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11
    Any changes to the 2013 XX brakes?

  11. #11
    johnny-o
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    10

    Sram X7 chain ring set change?

    And does anybody know if I can simply swap my current 26-39 chain rings on my X7 crankset for the 22-36 set? Or do I need to buy a partial or complete crankset with the 22-36 set? Thanks

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    388
    Maybe the principal upgrade is a price

    Type 2 rd more enlightness system the majors mods to 2013

    Enviado de meu GT-P1000L usando o Tapatalk 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •