mtbr member
    Sep 2008

SRAM X0 Type 2.1

I ordered an X0 Type 2.1 RD from CRC and received what appears to be a Type 2. Is it reasonable to expect that the Type 2.1 would be identified as such on the packaging and on the derailleur itself? The product image on the SRAM site clearly shows Type 2.1 on the ring around the clutch pivot. There is no indication of anything but Type 2 on the derailleur I recevied or its packaging.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Update: called and spoke to SRAM tech support. They confirm that 2.1's should be identified as such. Now waiting to hear back from CRC...

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Have noticed the 2.1 myself recently, assuming it's a running change, any idea of specifics?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    From what I gather, SRAM revised the clutch engagement pin. Unfortunately for me, CRC will not supply me with the correct part. I have the option to return the Type 2 I received or keep it and receive a small gift voucher for my trouble.

Anyone with experience with the Type 2/Type 2.1? I'm considering keeping the Type 2, simply because I don't want to mess with the hassle of returning and waiting for my refund. It took 3 weeks to receive the order, and another week to find out how CRC would handle the situation.

mtbr member
    Its hit or miss. There is a reason why SRAM revised the clutch.

With that said...I've been running a Type 2 X9 for almost a year. The RD get a pretty good beating on my HT...and so far its been good.

If it goes bad...you can try and warranty it.

mtbr member

SRAM X0 Type 2.1

I'm also running a x9 type 2 on a hard tail, I'd keep it, it works fine for me, no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasenbrock View Post
    I ordered an X0 Type 2.1 RD from CRC and received what appears to be a Type 2. Is it reasonable to expect that the Type 2.1 would be identified as such on the packaging and on the derailleur itself? The product image on the SRAM site clearly shows Type 2.1 on the ring around the clutch pivot. There is no indication of anything but Type 2 on the derailleur I recevied or its packaging.

Thanks.
    Yeah, it should be labeled as 2.1. Also, the hi/low adjustment screws are hex vs. flathead screw driver.

mtbr member
    May 2015

2.1 equals no clutch

I ran an X9 2.0 for a year and was very pleased with its operation. I recently bought a 2.1 as a replacement and so far I am very disappointed with the clutch of the 2.1, it is nothing like the 2.0 and really does nothing to control chain slap. I am trying to determine if the its defective or if that is the revision.