mtbr member

SRAM x0 10sp shifter screw loose

within the last 2 mos, the screw that hold the casing on the shifter keeps coming loose during rides effecting the shifting. was happening about every 2 weeks now happened back to back rides even after using locktite on the screw. short of replacing the shifter any suggetions? thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Don't know how, but it sounds like the threads are stripped/damaged. Replacement would be the only option there, but I would call SRAM's customer service and see if any of those folks can enlighten your situation any more.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wschruba View Post
    Don't know how, but it sounds like the threads are stripped/damaged. Replacement would be the only option there, but I would call SRAM's customer service and see if any of those folks can enlighten your situation any more.
    found the problem. there's a bolt inside the shifter that screws into the nut on the backside, the screw on the front side screws into this inner bolt. well, those 2 pieces got fused somehow so the whole thing would unscrew...very strange since in happened to both the front and rear shifter. the inner bolt can be tighted to the rear nut with 4mm hex. hopefully they are torqed enough now to keep them together now. unfortunately when fixing the front shifter some pieces shifted now the shifter doesnt work properly...hope my LBS an correct that. very strange situation.