Thread: SRAM rise 60 29

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

SRAM rise 60 29

Anyone have a set? I just got a set and was wondering others thoughts. I have their newer ones with a shallower rim bed. They set up tubeless easy with the Stan's rimstrips that came with them but stans keeps slowly leaking out at the rim.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    You mean you get leaking at the tire bead?

Which tires are you using?

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I have a set and stans does slowly leak out of mine as well. It is not a too much and it seems to leak less as they dry in the seal. Just a side effect of them not being tubeless specific. Still great wheels though.

mtbr member
    Any feedback from users who have had the SRAM rise 60 for a year or more? I am deciding between them and the Roval Control SL.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I've had them for about 8 months. They are very stiff and very light. The engagement of the hubs is very good. Good sound- not silent but not too loud. Great race wheels but the fact that they are not tubeless specific is kind of a bummer. That said, I have not had any issues running non-tubeless tires (maxxis ikon) with them with gorilla tape. Between the sram rise 60s and the control sl, I would go with whichever you can get for cheaper. Also, 2014 roval sl are 22mm internal width which is amazing given that there is no weight penalty. So if you are talking 2014 roval sl, then get those. 2013 and older, they're pretty much the same

mtbr member
    The price would be similar around a grand either way and both would be 2013. I usually run the ikon too and weigh about 200lb with full gear. Been researching and reading but having trouble pulling the trigger.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Brycelewis View Post
    the fact that they are not tubeless specific is kind of a bummer. That said, I have not had any issues running non-tubeless tires (maxxis ikon) with them with gorilla tape.
    Did you have any trouble mounting up your Ikons tubeless? I finally gave up trying to get the bead to seal.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I work at a bike shop, so I just use the massive air compressor we have there and it doesn't give me any problems.