mtbr member

SRAM Cassette Warranty

So I just bought a brand new 2011 Yeti 575 Enduro a month ago from Huck N Roll a month ago and love it to death. This morning on my usual climb I noticed my gears kept skipping and thought I probably needed a rear derailer adjustment. I bring it into the shop only to find that one of my rear cassettes are bent outward! I know I love to ride my bike but I dont ride it that hard! I wonder if a rock hit it? Anyways a pic below. The shop didn't have any SRAM cassettes left so I opted for a XT one. Does SRAM have a warranty on that kind of damage?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SRAM Cassette Warranty-imageuploadedbytapatalk1325287960.575925.jpg  

Former Bike Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew8404 View Post
    So I just bought a brand new 2011 Yeti 575 Enduro a month ago from Huck N Roll a month ago and love it to death. This morning on my usual climb I noticed my gears kept skipping and thought I probably needed a rear derailer adjustment. I bring it into the shop only to find that one of my rear cassettes are bent outward! I know I love to ride my bike but I dont ride it that hard! I wonder if a rock hit it? Anyways a pic below. The shop didn't have any SRAM cassettes left so I opted for a XT one. Does SRAM have a warranty on that kind of damage?
    Have your shop contact SRAM and send it back to them.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew8404 View Post
    Doesn't really look like a cog that a rock could get at. Looks like the damage that "cross-chaining" will cause. (riding in a larger ring up front and a larger cog out back) That is why the cog is pulled outward like it is.
    Anyhow...I would have your shop contact SRAM. The guys in my LBS love them since they are very customer friendly. I've called them personally a few times to ask questions on the dealer help line and they still are just as helpful even when I've told them I'm not a dealer or a shop. My mechanic is always telling me that when he has a problem with a SRAM/Avid/Rockshox product that he gets replacement parts or a replacement item asap and usually w/ little to no questioning.
    I would consider having the shop fax SRAM your receipt from your purchase so it shows the date of purchase and how little time you have put on the bike and the components to help out your case for a warranty replacement.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the input I'll go in today and do that. My rear derailleur was messed up on the ride that's why I was having trouble shifting and thats probably why it bent.

Laker and a Trail Blazer
    Disregard