Thread: SRAM 9.0SL Hub

GAME ON!

SRAM 9.0SL Hub

does anyone know where to find a disc adapter for these hubs?
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

*R*O*W*Y*C*O*
    eBay would be the only place now.
    Hubs and adaptors come up every once in a while.
    Other than that you're S.O.L.

FYI front and back hub adaptors are different thicknesses and are not interchangeable without a little machining work/shimming.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    how do you tell the difference between the front and rear? I have a few of these laying around.

*R*O*W*Y*C*O*

Front and rear adapters are different.

Quote Originally Posted by Haystack Calhoun
    how do you tell the difference between the front and rear? I have a few of these laying around.

The rear hub adapter is some what narrower than the front adapter.
    You can, as I have done in the past, machine down a front adapter to fit a rear hub as long as you know what thickness it needs to be.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

mtbr member
    Really? I've got a couple of sets of 9.0 hubs and when I ordered them (years ago), there was only one adapter listed. Recently I took an adapter off of a toasted rear hub and put it on a front hub with no issue. I am curious if there were 2 different adapters because the calipers always seemed to be at their lateral limit of adjustability with those hubs (regardless of front or rear).

Also just noticed that you said the front one was narrower than the rear, yet you suggested machining the narrower front adapter down to fit the rear. Did you mean the front adapter was thicker?

*R*O*W*Y*C*O*
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinS
    Really? I've got a couple of sets of 9.0 hubs and when I ordered them (years ago), there was only one adapter listed. Recently I took an adapter off of a toasted rear hub and put it on a front hub with no issue. I am curious if there were 2 different adapters because the calipers always seemed to be at their lateral limit of adjustability with those hubs (regardless of front or rear).

Also just noticed that you said the front one was narrower than the rear, yet you suggested machining the narrower front adapter down to fit the rear. Did you mean the front adapter was thicker?

mmm
    please re-read what I originally posted.
    [SIZE="4"]"The rear hub adapter is some what narrower than the front adapter."[/SIZE]

The front and back adaptors are not the same.
    The adaptors will fit on either the front or back hub but will space the disc incorrectly for most applications.
    I have had many sets of these 9.0 & 9.0SL hubs and this has been 100% the case, two different adaptors.
    If yours didn't have the two different sizes on your hubs then someone switched them on you at some point. This doesn't mean that they won't work on some bikes.
    It would depend on your mounting tab alignment on the bike your mounting them on.

For what its' worth... I believe this is orginally a SACH designed and built hub, just something SRAM bought up along the way...

Hunter S. Thompson

mtbr member
    Now now, no need to get all bold on me, sorry I did mis read the post.
    I just dug out my old wheels out of my storage and checked, my adapters are exactly the same. I worked in a shop at the time and ordered them myself, there wasn't an option of different adapters, they are the first year models - maybe there was a difference later, maybe it was an error with the Canadian distributor, case being I just took them apart, swapped adapters and they both fit, don't know what else to say regarding that.
    Also regarding spacing, I am comparing the disc spacing in relation to the several other disc wheelsets I own (Hope, Shimano, Industry Nine), most are within a range of spacing within the limits of the caliper as are the SRAM hubs, just that the SRAMs are on the outer limits of that spacing - not a bad thing, just something I noticed.
    They were SACHs designed and I think they were built in SACHs factory.