Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

RockShox Tora 302 Solo Air 130mm lowers replacement

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Nandus 
#1 ·
Hello all,
I have a 2011 RockShox Tora 302 Solo Air (26'). I am aware that many of the modern models from RockShox share parts (Lowers, CSU's, ect).

I was wondering if anyone knew of a lower that has a 20mm thru axle that I could install on my fork to replace the current 9mm version with?

I am pretty happy overall with the way the fork performs, but I would very much like the increase in stiffness a 20mm provides.

#3 ·
I just took a quick look at the spare parts catalog, which you can download from SRAM's site. You may be in luck if it's a 2011 model. older 2009 and prior cannot use 20mm lowers but I heard 2010 and newer are a little wider in the crown and can. I'd still call SRAM, but the way I read it, you should be able to. Now, the lowers and maxle most likely would cost more than the fork is worth, but that's only my opinion.

#4 ·
Thanks for your response! The only reason I am considering it is the fact that the fork does perform pretty well for the way I ride it and I have seen some lower online for under 150 bucks. You bring up a good point by mentioning the maxle light. They are listed online from 50 to 70 bucks. That would increase the price considerably.

Im honestly planning on buying another fork anyway. I have been toying with the idea of buying a second frame (On One Evo) that I wanted to put this fork on. Since I plan on moving to 20mm with the new fork for my current bike, I would like to be able to swap wheels between the both of them depending on what I plan on riding that day. Light wheels for XC, heavy wheels for bike parks and freeriding.

Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.