mtbr member

Rockshox Dual Position Air Spring questions

I read some stuff that indicates the dual position air spring has a different spring rate and/or different compression damping in the short mode vs the long. Can anyone provide so real insight into this? I am close to pulling the trigger on a Revelation w/ dual position air but only if I can use it in both modes. Mostly it will be in long but I want to run it short for climbs and super twisty sections. Also wondering if all the damper adjustments work in both settings? (RCT3 probably, maybe RLT if I can find one). Can the fork be locked out in long and short? Anything I am missing here? I am looking at mostly 2013 & 2014.
    Thanks
    G

mtbr member
    "Also consider: RockShox Revelation RCT3 Dual Position Air, £725. The DPA switch gives 30mm of instant travel change, but itís very linear and easy to bottom out."

Excerpt from: RockShox Revelation RCT3 Dual Air Suspension Fork Review - BikeRadar

And

Quote Originally Posted by denjen View Post
    Just an FYI, the dual position is not a true adjustable travel fork. The lower setting is for climbing only and not for everyday use. If you need something where you can lower the travel and leave it you may want to look elsewhere.
    This is a good point, and it's not obvious from reading the information about the fork. In fact, I didn't realize this when I bought mine, I only read it after. It is pretty soft in the 120mm position. Still, I have ridden it in the 120 position a fair bit and it's not like it doesn't work. That said, I've started riding it at 150, which I thought would be too tall, but I'm adjusting fine.

Excerpt from: rockshox revelation dual position problem