• 12-11-2012
    s760@yahoo.com
    Rock Shox Revelation RCT3 Lineup confusion
    Rock Shox only list that they make a dual position air, and a solo air fork. However, all over the Internet you will hear people talking about their dual air Revelation RCT3 fork. Bike radar Even did a review on a dual air RCT3 revelation. I thought that they made a mistake and actually meant dual position air, but they had another review for that fork. So the million dollar question is, does a Dual Air RCT3 Revelation fork exist?
  • 12-11-2012
    s760@yahoo.com
    Here is the review, Now go try to find this sporthttp://m.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/cate...l-air-12-46065
  • 12-11-2012
    DukeNeverwinter
    That's a 2012 fork. 2013 forks are only solo air.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2
  • 12-13-2012
    voodoo5
    Yep, Rockshox dropped dual air for 2013.

Video: SRAM, RockShox Back 650B Wheel Size - BikeRadar

TL;DR: Dual air was too complicated for the average rider.
  • 12-13-2012
    CoppellStereo
    Technically they still are dual air, you just can't adjust the lower pressure anymore
  • 12-15-2012
    s760@yahoo.com
    According to their site, that's just not true.
  • 12-15-2012
    voodoo5
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CoppellStereo View Post
    Technically they still are dual air, you just can't adjust the lower pressure anymore

Exactly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by s760@yahoo.com View Post
    According to their site, that's just not true.

What are you talking about?
  • 12-15-2012
    Jamenstall
    Revelation RCT3 | SRAM

It is a little confusing based on their site.
  • 12-17-2012
    bikegreece
    RS marketing jargon is reduculus, mission,motion, dual, dual position,black box mission DNA,xxx, they google sounds like words to confuse consumers. They change a shim or the size of a hole and they baptise it new technology, give us a break RS...
  • 12-17-2012
    s760@yahoo.com
    Quote:

Originally Posted by voodoo5 View Post
    Exactly.

Their site says they have a single air chamber, not dual.
  • 01-15-2013
    bog
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CoppellStereo View Post

Technically the Solo Air has a positive and negative air chamber like the Dual Air but it is not Dual Air. Dual Air is RS only and describes their air spring technology with schraeder valves for both the positive and negative air chambers so you can dictate the feel of the fork.
  • 02-09-2013
    s760@yahoo.com
    Quote:

Originally Posted by voodoo5 View Post
    Exactly.

Dual means 2. There is only one chamber to put air in that's why they call it SOLO Air. The air comes from ONE entry point not 2 like in a dual air. I hope I was clearer in what I meant before.
  • 02-14-2013
    VERT1
    Imo Dual air was the greatest thing to ever happen the the front suspension world. Such a shame that RS ditched it, now they are just like any other fork out there.

Dual air added some really good customization to how the fork handled.