Not Bad

Rock Shox Revelation 29 Confusion

Hi

I am a long time Fox user but this year I have decided that I'd like to try a change, I'm not keen on the multi settings of the CTD, I prefer a fit and forget type of ride, rather than constantly having to worry about whether I'm in climb, trail or descent mode, I just want to concentrate on my riding, hence thinking about the Revs.

I am confused though, I need a 29er fork with 140mm travel, I would like to be able to tune the fork in a similar way to the RLT Fox forks and I need a through axel type arrangement, I'm not really bothered about lowering the travel, I never used it on some Talas forks I once owned, but don't know where to start in terms of the Rock Shox range?

Any help anyone could possibly give would be much appreciated.

mtbr member
    I would think you would want the RCT3 Solo Air:
    Universal Cycles -- Rock Shox Revelation RCT3 Solo Air 29er Fork 2013
    It has three positions, "open", "platform", & "lockout" (similar fox) but the platform is tuneable via the floodgate.

Not Bad
    Thanks for your help Craig, the RCT3 was the one I assumed I needed, the XX and WC ones have carbon steerers don't they? I don't need carbon...

mtbr member
    I think just the WC has a carbon crown, I had a 2012 SID XX and it had the standard crown, might have changed for 2013?