Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Rock Shox Recon Gold RL Solo Air 2012

6K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  silviu303 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I started this thread because I am in a process of achieving a new fork for my xc bike and focused on Recon Gold RL Solo Air 2012.
I really like the fork, it fits my requirements and it is a significant upgrade from Tora XC.

The problem is I purchased the fork and it has a problem with the travel length. It is set on 120mm and if I compress it past 75mm, a sound appear like a "knock of a bolt" and it looses it's compression. It looks like a valve opening if the pressure increase too much or I don't know what could be the reason.

I sent the fork back and they replaced it with another one, new too. I hoped this time I wont be that unlucky but guess what: the second fork had the same problem, but this time at 95mm. So I will be forced to send it back again but I fell like asking for my money back.

Anyone has any idea what could be the reason? Is it possible to be an entire batch to be defective?

Also they claim the weight of this model is 1805g but I weighted it on my own and it has 1630 (1st one) and 1640g (2nd one). I first thought that could be the oil missing or something from inside but it works fine in the range 0..75mm.

Thanks for any suggestions, replays.

Good luck.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like no1 faced the problem that I encountered. My opinion is that RS missed something in manufacturing process. It's impossible for such a company to design a fork that weights 170g less than what they claim. Strange.

Anyways, I gave up Recon and now I am focusing on a Reba RL 2012. Pray that this model is fully functional :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.