MVW
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Problems with Sram SRT 400 FFS shifter.

Since I've been biking for many years, my daughter's friend thought that I was an expert mechanic (ya right) and asked me to take a look at his Gary Fisher Aquila. His Sram SRT 400 FFS front derailler shifter doesn't always stay locked in the 3rd (highest) gear, but the other two gears and rear shifter work fine. Since I'm only an old school friction shifting dude (when I'm not riding my SS), I'm completely lost and don't want to make it any worse. Any help would be appreciated...thanks!

Meh.
    Limits could be set improperly, the derailleur can't swing out far enough so the shifter can't pull enough cable to click into gear. The shifters internals may be stripped out. The internals may be gunked up.

MVW
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Thanks for the tip! I backed off the hi limit screw a half turn and it seems to work fine now. I only rode it about a half mile in the dark, but I'll take it for a longer ride tomorrow to make sure the problem is resolved. Thanks to you, my daughter will still think that her old dad is still the best!