mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Pike air pressure question?

I recently put a Pike Solo RCT3 26" on my new Enduro and it seems like the pressure has to run pretty low to get the sag right. According to the fork leg, for my weight I should be running about 65 psi. At 65 psi I'm at about 12% sag, if I bring the pressure down to around 57-60 I get the sag close to 20% but then I bottom the fork out on the bigger hits so I can't take the pressure down anymore. I've since added 1 volume spacer and my pressure is around 45 psi and sag is about 25%. It seems to be "ok" now but I'd like to get the sag closer to 28% but I feel like the air pressure is already so low. Basically what I'm asking (in a very long way) is it typical to run pressure that low on theses Pikes?

Thanks
    James

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by james_95 View Post
    I recently put a Pike Solo RCT3 26" on my new Enduro and it seems like the pressure has to run pretty low to get the sag right. According to the fork leg, for my weight I should be running about 65 psi. At 65 psi I'm at about 12% sag, if I bring the pressure down to around 57-60 I get the sag close to 20% but then I bottom the fork out on the bigger hits so I can't take the pressure down anymore. I've since added 1 volume spacer and my pressure is around 45 psi and sag is about 25%. It seems to be "ok" now but I'd like to get the sag closer to 28% but I feel like the air pressure is already so low. Basically what I'm asking (in a very long way) is it typical to run pressure that low on theses Pikes?

Thanks
    James
    same here

mtbr member

Re: Pike air pressure question?

Quote Originally Posted by james_95 View Post

Thanks
    James
    That sounds close to my set up at first. During the first 100 miles though the fork seemed to break in and I added more pressure to the point she I am running 25% sag and the pressure is close to the recommendation.
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon XP