mtbr member
    May 2014

Novice Needs Some Help

Im trying to increase the rotor size on the rear of my bike but things dont look right with the adaptor I bought. I had a 160mm fitted and bought a 20mm adaptor to fit 180mm rotor but there seems to be some tension when doing it up and it dont look/sit right.

The 20mm pm adaptor is not flat, it slants on both faces and i can not seem to find an adaptor that is flat. all i can find is the ones like i have fitted. Is this right? Am I missing something?

I'd also like to fit avids cup washer system to my wifes bike as the caliper rubs on the rotor and there is no adjustment like this. She has bottom line shimano brakes fitted but i dont seem to be able to get this kit on. She has a avid 185mm front rotor that came on my bike as standard. I fitted a 185mm adaptor but the caliper sits too far off. So i got her a 20mm adaptor and it sits right, but no space for the avid system or the caliper will sit too much off the roror.

Any ideas? am i missing something? Are there 15mm adaptors or something? As i cant seem to find what is right to buy.

Novice Needs Some Help-securedownload2.jpgNovice Needs Some Help-securedownload.jpg
    Last edited by airwavepirate; 05-20-2014 at 02:51 PM.