mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Noir Team Carbon Handlebars

Can you use lock on grips with these bars. I tried to search the SRAM site but it kept freezing up my computer. Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Also are the Juicy 3s SLs that come on the Spec. Pitch Comp reach adjustable?

CHOP!
    NO.
    YES.

Straight from the SRAM website:

WARNING - BAR ENDS
    Any damage to the handlebar when installing bar ends voids your warranty and
    can lead to premature fatigue and/or failure of the handlebar, resulting in serious
    injury and/or death.
    Standard handlebar: be sure to install non-compressible bar plugs prior to
    installing bar ends. Make certain the end of the handlebar is not crimped nor
    damaged when bar ends are tightened.
    Carbon handlebar - flat bars only: you must install Truvativ alloy bar plugs prior
    to installing bar ends. Use of non-Truvativ alloy bar plugs will void your warranty.
    Make certain the end of the handlebar is neither crimped nor damaged when bar
    ends are tightened.
    Carbon handlebar - riser bars: never use bar ends on carbon riser bars

http://www.sram.com/_media/pdf/truva.../TM_MY09_E.pdf

Your lever has a 2mm reach adjust screw tucked behind the lever blade. You may have to remove the brake to get at it with a wrench.
    Page 13, part #8
    http://www.sram.com/_media/techdocs/...ce%20list).pdf
    It's not where it's made but how it's made.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Thanks alot!

Photog Cyclist.
    Lock-on grips are not bar-ends. Two different stresses on the bars. My feeling on lock-on's is if you can install shifters and brake levers you can use lock-on's. You don't tighten lock-on all that tight and they put very little to no torque on the bar.
    [SIZE="4"]We ride and never worry about the fall
    I guess that's just the cowboy in us all
    [/SIZE][SIZE="2"](Tim Mcgraw)[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I'm using lock-on grips on my Team Carbon flat bar. Like 32mjm said, they cannot be any more stress than the shifter and brake lever clamps, and the SRAM document is talking about bar ends, not lock-on grips.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaCyclist
    I'm using lock-on grips on my Team Carbon flat bar. Like 32mjm said, they cannot be any more stress than the shifter and brake lever clamps, and the SRAM document is talking about bar ends, not lock-on grips.
    Ditto

I've been running lock on grips on my world cup flat bar and riser for the past 8 months or so.

mtbr member
    I'm running Ergon grips w/ bar ends on my Noir Team flat bar. I installed the included aluminum plugs and have had zero issues.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Noir Team Carbon Handlebars-img_4445.jpg