mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Matchmaker X Questions

I have the following components:

2010 SRAM X9 shifters (2 x 10)
    2009 Avid Elixir CR Mag disc brakes
    2011 Rockshox Reba RLT 29er fork w/ Pushloc

I am trying to understand if the Matchmaker X component can integrate this combination of shifters / brakes / remote lockout fully. I haven't been able to find a manual on the SRAM site.

Specifically, it is unclear to me if Matchmaker X works with the 2010 X9 shifters, and whether or not the Pushloc remote works with Matchmaker X (either directly, or possibly via an 'adapter knuckle').

Advice?

mtbr member
    No, that setup wont work.

The matchmaker X only works on new Avid brakes with a single bolt lever style, your brakes will have two bots attachting the clamp to the bar right ?

Matchmaker X will work with 2010 x9 shifters but it's a null point as it wont work on your brakes.

The pushloc isn't compatible either im afraid.

You could use the older style matchmaker for two bolt brakes and just have the pushloc mounted beside it.

COTA member
    I don't recommend the Matchmaker (non X version) as its a very thin easily breakable aluminum piece. I broke two and went back to individual clamps for the brake levers and shifters.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Does anyone know if the Reverb clamp can just be bolted back onto the bar once the Avid/Sram brakes have been replaced? I want to change to XT but retain the Reverb that came on the bike with the Matchmaker X system and Elixir 7's.

mtbr member
    Yes it can.

aka Willy Vanilly
    I'm not sure why this is confusing me but it is...

I'm looking at a pair of Elixir 9's (supposedly Matchmaker compatible) to pair with my 2012 Reverb (supposedly Matchmaker X compatible) to bring the Reverb remote out toward my thumb (using Gripshift is not helping in this case).

Will it work or would I be wasting money?
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
    E. F. Schumacher

sXe

aka Willy Vanilly
    Anyone?
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
    E. F. Schumacher

sXe

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by will8250 View Post
    I'm not sure why this is confusing me but it is...

I'm looking at a pair of Elixir 9's (supposedly Matchmaker compatible) to pair with my 2012 Reverb (supposedly Matchmaker X compatible) to bring the Reverb remote out toward my thumb (using Gripshift is not helping in this case).

Will it work or would I be wasting money?
    The reverb remote will mesh with the Elixer 9 clamps - whether that will bring it closer to your thumb depends on how far in or out you run your brake levers. I have my Elixer X0 Trails set up for 1 finger braking with the match maker X clamp that came with the brakes. I have my X7 shifters mounted via the inboard hole to push them out closer to my thumbs. If I had a remote seat post or fork lock out, it would be a bit of a stretch for me to reach it with my thumb.