mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Juicy Ultimate replacement blades.....

I broke the right brake blade on my bike...i used the search feature and all of the same queries were from like 2008.... my bike is a 2010 and for the life of me I cant find one stinkin replacement blade without either buying a pair for close to $100....what options do i have?

HELP

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tallsedo View Post
    I broke the right brake blade on my bike...i used the search feature and all of the same queries were from like 2008.... my bike is a 2010 and for the life of me I cant find one stinkin replacement blade without either buying a pair for close to $100....what options do i have?

HELP
    I was almost put in your shoes - just banged up my lever a bit but it's fine (brand new elixr 9RS, pissed. Just wobbles a little now.)

Go to the SRAM website, look down at the bottom area of the main page for Service "View technical manuals and service guides. Visit Service" Click

Go down under Avid and click "Levers"

Select the spare parts .pdf. Looks like your lever might be P/N 11.5311.560.000, google it and one place that seems to have a lot of parts is Universal Cycles:

Universal Cycles -- Avid Hydraulic Brake Lever Blade Kits

Looks like $23 maybe?

Good luck.