mtbr member

ergon grips with new gripshift..?

Anyone on here know if they are going to be compatible. I have the ergons currently, and am very interested in the gripshifts, but don't know if they will play well together..

Cheers
    Tony
    Building: ​Boardman 2010 HT Pro
    Current Joy: '11 Giant Anthem X
    Previous Joy: '09 Commencal Meta 5 VIP

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Check out today's article on Bike Rumor:
    New SRAM Grip Shift – Tech Details, Photos, Weights & First Impressions - Bike Rumor

It looks like the new twist shifters are designed to be used with their special grips that lock into the shifters, but you can also install a different inner sleeve to allow using other grips. I like ESI grips, and I like to use bar-ends, so I'm glad that I'll be able to use other grips with the new twist shifters. I think Ergons could be used as well.

I would expect Ergon and others to start offering grips specially designed to work with the new twist shifters before long.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    They will be fine, and im sure ergon will hav e a pair that connects soon.

Ergon Bike
    Currently the only grips we offer that match up with GripShift style shifters are the Performance Comfort models: GP1, GP2, GP3, GP4, and the GP5

Jeff K
    Ergon USA

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ERGON View Post
    Currently the only grips we offer that match up with GripShift style shifters are the Performance Comfort models: GP1, GP2, GP3, GP4, and the GP5

Jeff K
    Ergon USA
    Most Ergon grip offerings will work with grip shift - you'd just need to cut down the longer versions (non-GripShift versions) to your liking.