Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dubjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    783

    Difference in SRAM GXP and BB30 Spider?

    For the SRAM cranksets that have a removable spider - S-1250, S2200, X.7, X.7, X.0, etc. - is there a difference between the GXP and BB30 models?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ghughes.hesinc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    213
    I know they sell two different version, but I don't know if there is actually a difference. I would assume so.

    I would be interested to know for sure.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    42
    yes they are different.

  4. #4
    aka 'Grover'
    Reputation: aussie_yeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    750
    I've swapped a spider between GXP and BB30 sram non-series road cranks. I believe they're interchangeable between GXP and BB30 mountin bike cranks as well. Just 3 torx bolts.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    42
    No they are differnt on the mtb cranks. put one from each next to each other and they are clearly different offset.
    The S900 road crank does use the same spider for both, that's because it's the same crankarm for both BB30 and GXP on the S900. Not the case with the MTB stuff.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    95
    Rammer is right. Tried to swap, but the chainline changes to much.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Difference in SRAM GXP and BB30 Spider?-bb30_120bcd-39_26.jpg  

    Difference in SRAM GXP and BB30 Spider?-gxp_104bcd_38_24.jpg  

    Difference in SRAM GXP and BB30 Spider?-leftbb30.jpg  


  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: allthatflash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    34
    Damn wish I found this earlier...Just bought a spider/chainring set with BB30 on it and mine take the GXP.....darn it !!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by allthatflash View Post
    Damn wish I found this earlier...Just bought a spider/chainring set with BB30 on it and mine take the GXP.....darn it !!
    Hey - I have the following and wondering if my crank is GXP compatible or BB30:

    CRANKSETCustom SRAM Carbon S-2200, 10-speed AM double, PF-30, removeable spider, Gamut shift guide, S: 170mm, others: 175mm
    CHAINRINGS36A x 24A, 4-bolt, 104/64mm
    BOTTOM BRACKET SRAM PF-30, OS press-in bearing, sealed cartridge

    I'm trying to buy a wolf tooth NWN single ring for my crankset but it makes a difference which direct mount to buy if you're running GXP or BB30.

    If you have had any luck in this department and want to pass it on, I'm all ears!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: smilinsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,752
    Quote Originally Posted by bucknejo View Post
    Hey - I have the following and wondering if my crank is GXP compatible or BB30:

    CRANKSETCustom SRAM Carbon S-2200, 10-speed AM double, PF-30, removeable spider, Gamut shift guide, S: 170mm, others: 175mm
    CHAINRINGS36A x 24A, 4-bolt, 104/64mm
    BOTTOM BRACKET SRAM PF-30, OS press-in bearing, sealed cartridge

    I'm trying to buy a wolf tooth NWN single ring for my crankset but it makes a difference which direct mount to buy if you're running GXP or BB30.

    If you have had any luck in this department and want to pass it on, I'm all ears!
    You need the BB30 version.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: smilinsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,752
    Quote Originally Posted by daktari View Post
    Rammer is right. Tried to swap, but the chainline changes to much.
    In your bottom picture, which one is the GXP?

Similar Threads

  1. Using a SRAM XX GXP Crank in a BB30 Frame
    By flafonta in forum Drivetrain - shifters, derailleurs, cranks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-15-2011, 08:18 AM
  2. Flash and Sram XX BB30 Crank
    By roadrunner in forum Cannondale
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 02:16 PM
  3. Question: OEM FSA Afterburner BB30 w/ carbon spider
    By apacherider in forum Cannondale
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-24-2010, 07:24 PM
  4. FSA BB30 vs SRAM XX
    By Nick_S_Africa in forum Cannondale
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-20-2010, 02:19 AM
  5. Who still makes a 94/58 BCD five arm spider crankset? Difference btw 4/5 arm spider?
    By mrbubbles in forum Drivetrain - shifters, derailleurs, cranks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-07-2008, 10:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •