Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Avid Speed Dial SL Brake Levers

7K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  superlightracer 
#1 ·
Various sites on the Internet are displaying different weights for Avid Speed Dial SL Brake Levers. Some are saying 140 grams and others are saying 186 grams and another says 180 grams and the PDF I downloaded from the SRAM site says 150 grams.

Why the differences? Could those listed with the heavier weight be 2006 models? If the 2007 model is 150 grams then that is the model I want.

Thank you,

#2 ·
More information

I also noticed a difference in the SL logo being displayed. Some have a logo with the words Speed Dial accompanied by a black circle with the letters SL in grey. Others have a black background with the letters SL in red. Does this distinguish which is a 2006 or 2007 model?

#6 ·
Taken from> Weight Weenie's
Avid Speed Dial SL 2004 (claimed weight:140g) independently weighed:150g..

I believe all the SL lever offerings from 04' through 07' will weigh in at 150g..If you change
out the titanium pinch bolts for aluminum you can get closer to 144g..Also the SL levers
that have Avid painted on the body are the older pre 04' offerings..

If your looking for LITE try> Extralite Ultra Levers..Presently SOLD OUT, but if your
interested you could contact> Fair Wheel Bikes and inquire :D

Jake :ihih:

PS The Extralite Ultra Levers really do weigh in at 32g per lever :thumbsup:

Attachments

#7 ·
Thanks Jake. A bit out of my price range at the moment but definitely an option for the future which may enable me to get the bike (AMP B4 with F4 fork) down to 22 lbs or lower. At the moment I am replacing parts that need or are close to needing replacing and looking for the most cost effective solution but still keep the weight the same or lower. May be able to get it to 23.

#8 ·
mtbvfr said:
Thanks Jake. A bit out of my price range at the moment but definitely an option for the future which may enable me to get the bike (AMP B4 with F4 fork) down to 22 lbs or lower. At the moment I am replacing parts that need or are close to needing replacing and looking for the most cost effective solution but still keep the weight the same or lower. May be able to get it to 23.
Shot me a PM if you need some help in the WW department :thumbsup:

Jake :ihih:

#9 ·
mtbvfr said:
If you're on a budget, get the avid FR 5 levers... theyre simple and only 6-7 g heavier than the SL's. They lack the adjustment dial though. They're also super cheap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.