Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Anyone using XX1, no guide, non XX! chainring?

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  tehan 
#1 ·
Curious how retention is... I have a BB mounted chainguide, but would love to not use it. Raceface should have XX1 style rings shortly, but curious if that's even necessary. Build is a work in progress, but currently set up with a single speed blackspire 32T ring on sixC cranks

#8 ·
No need to pay an larm and leg to get XX1 fearures on Sram spiderless solution. absoluteBLACK rings does same thing for fraction of the cost.

Sram Spiderless

They will be in stock in 2 weeks in all the colours you need.

Please note that thick-thin profile is not necessary to hold chain like XX1. We have discovered that simple principle with new tooth profile which allows to bring the costs of manufacturing down and keep the chain like on XX1.
Our tester - XC Slilver World Champion, miltiple national Champion and CX National Champion Marek Konwa has been using it for 4 months now and they perform Awesome:)

The principle of that is simple. We have achieved incredible tight profile of tooth to mesh a chain. It goes in very smoothly, but when meshed with chain it holds it extremely good. In addition tooth profile is directional! That means it prevents the chain from coming off when back pedal or not pedaling at all while descending.

Please note - photos does not show the newest tooth profile yet. Our Shimoano XX1 rendering is much more relevant in that matter.

If you guys have any questions then you can ask here or PM me if i don't respond in this thread.

Attachments

#9 ·
so just to let you know how good they are:

Rider - Marek Konwa. Silver MTB World Champion, National MTB Polish Champion, CX National Polish Champion and so on. It's his personal video, so not moded by me etc.
you can find it also on his Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/marekkonwa
and a jump on the bike as well: Marek Konwa DH Wilkowice - YouTube
If it's good enough for him it will be good for everyone:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.