bike weenie

10 speed twisters - availability date?

Been looking and haven't seen anything posted on this... anyone have an ETA on availability?

Thanks

mtbr member
    I can't post links yet, but according to DirtRag's site they say 4/30/12 for the XX & X0 gripshift

It's carbon dontcha know.
    I've seen May 15th posted.
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Universal has them listed, not available yet though.

$295 for XX set
    $225 for X.0

5g difference.

I'd only want a single rear shifter to go 1x10, don't want to pay those prices though.
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

aka 'Grover'
    I bought some red X.0 2x10 gripshifters at my LBS in Australia last week.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I got mine today in the good old usa!

rrl
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008

lock ons with the 10spd twist shifters

ive seen the word integrated... do you only need to use these lock on grips that come with the twist shifters of can you use other ones??

i wanna keep using my extralites
    facebook: smart bicycle

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    you can use any grip, the ones that come with it are way too long. I would've had to push my brakes way in to use them. The only downside is that the cover plate for the cable is held tight by the lockring and it is hard to get it so that plate doesn't rattle.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Can anyone who has got them set up offer any initial impressions? Some of the things I am wondering are - do they feel better than the older X0's? How so? Also, if you are using grips other than stock, does the shifter seem to match the diameter of thicker grips well, such as Oury's or ODI Rogues?

bike weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement View Post
    Universal has them listed, not available yet though.

$295 for XX set
    $225 for X.0

5g difference.

I'd only want a single rear shifter to go 1x10, don't want to pay those prices though.
    Yeah - I was looking for rear only also. X0 is now available in both colors at Universal. But only as a set...

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Ordered mine today. QBP has them is stock for now...

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutantclover View Post
    Can anyone who has got them set up offer any initial impressions? Some of the things I am wondering are - do they feel better than the older X0's? How so? Also, if you are using grips other than stock, does the shifter seem to match the diameter of thicker grips well, such as Oury's or ODI Rogues?
    Has anyone used these yet?

2012 Cannondale Supersix Evo 2 /// 2000 Ritchey Swiss Cross

Member of The Yeti Tribe
    Parking lot test on my managers stumpjumper felt awesome. Very smooth and snappy. Defiantly smoother and better then the old 9 speed. The big question is.. Is it 200 $ better?

I don't think so.

I was spoiled with the 30 $ x0 and x9 twisters that never broke and were cheap to replace if they ever did. I personally went to shimano for the first time when Sram didn't have a 10 speed twister. And I won't be going back to Sram with the cost of the new twisters. ( Even at my shop employe cost.) and I do prefer Sram to shimano..

My complaint is that the old basic system worked very well and adding all the bearings and doodads, while making it "better", is a complicated solution when a much cheaper solution exists. I understand that everyone wants newer and better stuff. But I would like to see a new 10 speed twister that is cheap like the old version and doesn't have all the fancy new stuff. But I doubt that will happen.

Sent from my mobile telephone.
    Stop this Derailleur Madness!!.... De-Rail-er

See what the God of bikes has to say about it..

bike weenie
    I got my first ride in on them yesterday, and I'll echo some of the other comments.

I don't know about better than previous in any way. The shift is maybe a bit smoother and easier - but not sure that is a good thing, Otherwise they seem to function just like the old ones.

The little aluminum cover plate is super cheesy, and seems like it would rattle without some modification. I stuck a couple small pieces of double sided foam tape underneath, which seems to have done the trick.

Pretty ridiculous though for a $200 shifter. I was tempted to just send them back when I saw this.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie_yeti View Post
    I bought some red X.0 2x10 gripshifters at my LBS in Australia last week.
    Which shop??

I got a lbs to ring Monza (the importer) yesterday and they recon they hadn't even unpacked them yet.

mtbr member
    $225.00 for X0 grip shift!!!! There goes cheap....not happy. WTF!