mtbr member

Bonking ... not feelin' well X0 crank on a 2013 carbon epic

I tried replacing my S-1250 with an 2012 XO crack, but the axle is shorter than my 1250's axle. Is there suppose to be a difference? I thought a PF30 was a PF30?

mtbr member

X0 crank on a 2013 carbon epic

Which drive side spacer are you using? Apparently the SRAM X0 BB30 chainset comes with a thinner 9.1mm drive side spacer, compared to other SRAM BB30 chainsets which use a 15.5mm drive side spacer. See 24hrsordie post here:

SRAM / Quarq PF30 Power Meter on Sworks Epic 29

It sounds like you may need to make sure your drive side spacer is the 9.1mm version.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WR304 View Post
    Which drive side spacer are you using? Apparently the SRAM X0 BB30 chainset comes with a thinner 9.1mm drive side spacer, compared to other SRAM BB30 chainsets which use a 15.5mm drive side spacer. See 24hrsordie post here:

SRAM / Quarq PF30 Power Meter on Sworks Epic 29

It sounds like you may need to make sure your drive side spacer is the 9.1mm version.

That sounds like that could definitely make a difference. I bought the crank used and it only came with the adjuster. I was just trying to use the spacer that was with my other crank. Next is to find out if that spacer will bring it to close to the frame and for heel clearance. I wonder if its Q'd out further since it uses a smaller spacer on that side. You would think that Specialized or Sram could have answered my question with no problem. Now where to find that spacer.

mtbr member

X0 crank on a 2013 carbon epic

I was trying to find the part in the SRAM spare parts list but it isn't obvious what it's called exactly.

http://cdn.sram.com/cdn/farfuture/_t...pc_rev_c_0.pdf

I'd probably try asking at your local shop or maybe contact SRAM direct to get the correct 9mm spacer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Carroll View Post
    I tried replacing my S-1250 with an 2012 XO crack, but the axle is shorter than my 1250's axle. Is there suppose to be a difference? I thought a PF30 was a PF30?
    I just replaced my S-1250's on my 2014 Enduro 29 Comp with new XX1's, which did come with a much thinner spacer than what was stock on the bike, XX1 cranks fit fine, mine are the 168Q.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    We had that trouble at the shop recently. I think a new PF30 BB from SRAM has that spacer

mtbr member
    Well I used a lathe to cut the 15mm spacer in half them lathe down to make the pieces 9.1mm when they come together. Works great!! Thanks guys!!

Also I bought the XO used and it didn't come with the spacer I needed. It's very said that Specialized nor SRAM could not give me that simple answer.

mtbr member
    Bumping this...

*EDIT* Found them on eBay..where else? Pricey little buggers tho.

Has anyone found this elusive 9.1mm spacer? I pulled the attached picture from another thread which illustrates the issue perfectly.
    X0 crank on a 2013 carbon epic-spacer.jpg
    Please donate to IMBA or your local chapter. It's trail karma.

mtbr member
    I gave my other crank set to a buddy at which needed a spacer for it to work. I got my LBS to get me a 13mm spacer because they couldn't seem to get the 15.4. But since he had to get the PF30 BB as well, it came with two 2.5mm spacers. So the 13mm spacer plus the 2.5 worked like a champ. Now why they can't get sram to make some spacers, over there in their China factor for retail sales, is beyond me. I never had any luck on the 9.1mm spacer.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I had the same problem. I dremeled a headset spacer out a bit to fit correctly. No issues for a couple hundred miles.
    Livin' the dream.