mtbr member
    Mar 2010

X Fusion 02RLA 7"x1.6" upgrade

i have an 08 fsr xc comp the shock runs through the seat stay....i want to upgrade my rear shock to the fox rp23 7.5"x2.0" shock...the shock that comes on my bike is the x fusion 02rla, and its 7"x1.6"... i know that putting a larger shock can change the geometry of the bike, but i have a air adjustable front fork and it can adjust from 80mm up to 140mm....my question is can i put the larger shock on and adjust the front fork to make up the difference of the 1/2" longer shock to equal the bike geometry? thanks and help would be great... i dont know why they used an odd ball shock size
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X Fusion 02RLA 7"x1.6" upgrade-specialized.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Unfortunately its a combination of the rear linkage and the length of the shock that gives you a certain travel. You can get something called a BETD link that allows you to increase the travel at the rear but I've heard of frames snapping when using them.

Good to know from your other post that New Fox shocks are on the way though.