mtbr member
    Dec 2013

Would I be able to fit a Large Specialized Epic Expert World Cup?

I'm planning on buying a Specialized Epic Expert World Cup and unsure whether to get a Medium or Large. I'm currently 5'9 with an inseam of 30" and also undergoing my growth spurt. I'm afraid if I get a medium, I'll grow out of it too quickly. I can always get a shorter stem to accommodate right? And according to the Specialized Sizing Chart, a 5'10 can fit a Large. Any thoughts? Thanks!

mtbr member
    I'm 5'11" and fit on a Large Epic, 19" stumpjumper and 56cm Venge and CruX quite well.

However why not ask someone that is experienced in bike sizing/fitting preferably at the specialized dealer you plan on getting the bike from.

mtbr member
    5' 10 3/8" with 33" inseam. SW Epic WC - medium, 90mm stem.

I like a snappy bike with medium frames, but could easily ride a large. Ride them both otherwise you'll always be second guessing yourself.

All bikes listed below are medium frames. 2015 Enduro on order will be medium, but I fit a large perfectly as well with 50mm stem.
    14 SW Epic WC - 21.8 lb
    12 Niner Air9RDO -16.4
    12 SJ FSR Exp EVO29 -28
    11 SW Epic 29 - sold
    10 Devinci Wilson 4 -37

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I am 5"10 with a 32 inch inseam and ride a large 2013 epic expert carbon. I believe I am Really on the edge and could probably ride a medium. I like the feel of a larger bike, it only bothers me in the tightest of corners. You being an inch shorter and 2 inches less on the inseam I would lean towards medium for sure.....BUTTTTT like others said ride them both. You might have a hard time deciding or right when you jump on the large you may know right away it is to big for you.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Thanks for the replies guys! I'll go ahead and try both

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I'm 5'9 and ride a medium. everyone on my racing team that's at or under 6 foot have been moving to mediums because they fit better.
    Yeah i agree, give them both a whirl
    2015 Epic Expert WC
    Sworks Phenom saddle, EC70 flat bars and seatpost, crankbrothers candy 3's

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I'm 5'10" on a medium. I definetly could ride a large, but I prefer the shorter wheelbase for snappier handling. How old are you? How much taller do you think you will get?

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp119 View Post
    I'm 5'10" on a medium. I definetly could ride a large, but I prefer the shorter wheelbase for snappier handling. How old are you? How much taller do you think you will get?
    I'm 16 right now and I guess you could call me a late bloomer (only started getting taller last year). I'm pretty sure I have a lot more to grow.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vincelam1998 View Post
    I'm 16 right now and I guess you could call me a late bloomer (only started getting taller last year). I'm pretty sure I have a lot more to grow.
    Then I guess it depends on your budget. I suggest finding a used '14 Expert WC in a medium. As you grow and feel the need for more reach, change the stem and raise the saddle. By the time you peak in height, in 2 to 3 years, a new version of the Epic will be out and if financial luck is on your side, you'll be able to buy something spanking new.

With the wisdom of 3 years more of riding, you'll know exactly what works for you.

In the mean time, you will be giggling every time you rip on your medium!
    14 SW Epic WC - 21.8 lb
    12 Niner Air9RDO -16.4
    12 SJ FSR Exp EVO29 -28
    11 SW Epic 29 - sold
    10 Devinci Wilson 4 -37

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Go for the Medium. I'm a similar size and owned a large Epic frame for a few months back in '07ish and couldn't make it work. Maybe I wanted to be taller, who knows. I went back to a medium and life was great, again. It's not like your going to grow a foot or anything. Must be nice to be 16 and looking at a Expert trim bike...haha.
    Livin' the dream.