Thread: is it worth it

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! is it worth it

I,ve recentley bought a specialized ground control 95 or 96 fsr and am looking for any information on both front and rear shock rebuilds or replacement, or if somebody might have a used front fork that is'nt to expensive. This bike is in excelent shape other than the front shocks. I paid 50.00 bucks for it and would like to keep it if I can find parts

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

hippie tech

Contact Jerry at Hippie Tech. He rebuilds all old suspension and is great at it. Here's his website, http://www.hippiesuspension.com/hipp...ion/index.html
    Good luck.

mtbr member
    second hippie tech. the guy makes old stuff run like new, and doesnt charge an arm and a leg to do it, either... awesome work, youll be stoked after working with him...

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Smile thanks

thanks for the info, I've heard great things about this bike and really would like to restore it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by marsha.candace
    I,ve recentley bought a specialized ground control 95 or 96 fsr and am looking for any information on both front and rear shock rebuilds or replacement, or if somebody might have a used front fork that is'nt to expensive. This bike is in excelent shape other than the front shocks. I paid 50.00 bucks for it and would like to keep it if I can find parts

Marsha,

Hippie tech really has a great reputation, but before you forkover $150 + to get very outdated shocks repaired, I say check out ebay and look for some good buys there. Any fork with around 80mm of travel and you should be good but as for the rear of your bike..... that's another story. Can you posts a few pics of your shocks so we know what we are looking at to better help you with your issue. Also, try contacting www.specializedbike.com and they can give you all the info you will need regarding rear shock size and compression.

Good Luck, keep us posted
    Quote Originally Posted by dropmachine.com
    The mountain bike buying public as a whole are remarkably stupid. They buy what they are told to by the media.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Hey Are you sure the shocks are bad? Ive seen people wanting to replce c\perfectly good shocks, that only need air, take it to your local bikeshop, and and ask them to help you adjust them first.... and if they tell you they need replacing, ask why?