mtbr member

Will any '06 Enduros have DHX-Air as OEM?

Anyone heard word on this? I would consider an Enduro if it came with it, but no freakin' way would I spend that much money and have to pay another few hundred to upgrade.

IMHO - The whole custom e2e bull$hit ties the equipment to the Enduro only, so its not like I could even sell the 5th if I did upgrade. This is unlike Turner which to their huge credit stick to standard size so the customer has their choice of the market, although its true the Enduro takes a bigger shock than 6-Pack, so you get the slightly bigger chamber and longer stroke.

Thanks,
    -kcavt

mtbr member

Yes

See mba.com

mtbr member

Good job! 2006 Enduro

2006 Enduro with DHX coil
    Attached Images Attached Images

Living the Dream

Isn't that the SX trail?

Is that the new 36 Van? ANy idea on price for that bad boy?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenglow
    Is that the new 36 Van? ANy idea on price for that bad boy?
    If that is a Van 36 on the front then it must have thrown the head angle back as IIRC the Van is 15mm longer stroke than the 36RC. That Enduro sure looks like it's squatting on it's haunches.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by PJMatthes
    If that is a Van 36 on the front then it must have thrown the head angle back as IIRC the Van is 15mm longer stroke than the 36RC. That Enduro sure looks like it's squatting on it's haunches.
    Still shorter than the 66R on the 2005 model though.
    I think I found my bike!

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Still shorter than the 66R on the 2005 model though.
    I think I found my bike! (Only with my luck it costs $5000 this year)

mtbr member
    That's an SX Berrecloth's posing with, not an SX Trail.
    Last edited by bad_seed; 07-20-2005 at 08:59 AM. Reason: clarification

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    kind of off topic, but when do the 06 models hit the stores?

mtbr member
    RE head angles, Speshy doesn't seem to have the listed specs right on these things. Even with the 36 TALAS, I read that the '05 Enduro had an actual 67 HA in the slack setting. I believe the VAN 36 has is 10mm taller a-c than TALAS 36, so yes its throwing it back even more. Can anyone chime in with their own measurements? I haven't been able to make it down to the store with my protractor and pocket protector

Even though that's an SX, I would bet the SX Trail has the same build. We already now know the regular Enduro is staying all air (DHX and 36).

Light, Strong and Long
    Jan 2005

i KNOW THINGS!

Ok people listen up, my boss was just out in cali and got the full scoop. The bike that bear claw is posing with is the new SX trail I. Thats a DHX 5.0 coil on it with, get ready for this, 6.6 inches of travel. There will also be a SX Trail II, with the same amout of travel rear but with a DHX 4.0 (no bottom out). The fork on the I is a 36 VAN and the II gets a 66 with 170mm travel. The old enduro frame has been completly replaced this year, but there are 2 styles of the "trail bike" style frame. The SWORKS, Pro, and Expert are identical to last years new frames with the new addition of custom DHX Air 5.0 shocks. Soposidly they've tweaked the resivoir volume or something. The Comp, and FSR versions of the enduro have slighly less travel in the rear (140mm) and come with a DHX 4.0 air on the comp and a 3.0 on the FSR. The other big deal is the large amount of sram componentry on all models. Specialized doesent seem to have to much faith in shimano anymore, and neither do I for that matter.
    Everyones got a little weight weinee in them

mtbr member

nice info

Quote Originally Posted by Fooly_CoolyOo
    Ok people listen up, my boss was just out in cali and got the full scoop. The bike that bear claw is posing with is the new SX trail I. Thats a DHX 5.0 coil on it with, get ready for this, 6.6 inches of travel. There will also be a SX Trail II, with the same amout of travel rear but with a DHX 4.0 (no bottom out). The fork on the I is a 36 VAN and the II gets a 66 with 170mm travel. The old enduro frame has been completly replaced this year, but there are 2 styles of the "trail bike" style frame. The SWORKS, Pro, and Expert are identical to last years new frames with the new addition of custom DHX Air 5.0 shocks. Soposidly they've tweaked the resivoir volume or something. The Comp, and FSR versions of the enduro have slighly less travel in the rear (140mm) and come with a DHX 4.0 air on the comp and a 3.0 on the FSR. The other big deal is the large amount of sram componentry on all models. Specialized doesent seem to have to much faith in shimano anymore, and neither do I for that matter.
    So 170mm in the rear, wow. I wonder how that affects geomety since that Trail I looks like so slacked back, instead of a higher back end that would be assumed with '05 linkages....like maybe the linkage/forward mounts changed, or are different on the Trail vs. regular Enduro....hmmm.

The SRAM news is great. Last years Trail was darn heavy though (40lbs?), and I'm curious to see how they spec the Trail bikes. All the boat anchor material has me thinking it would be nice shaving 3-4 lbs by building an S-Works (the cost isn't attractive though). Basically, I want the VAN up front, but not all the other hardcore stuff since this mine is to be an only bike. Maybe swapping out the fork on a Pro is the way to go if it has all the SRAM I wanted anyhow.

Regarding the DHX Air, I'm curious about that tweaking because I'd heard they couldn't fit the shock in the steep geometry setting. I'm looking to go Air on an XL frame, so I pray it lives up to expectations. I know Speshy gets custom things, and I hope that doesn't include cost cutting corners from standard aftermarket versions.

Thanks again for filling us in...keep it coming!
    Last edited by kcavtca; 07-24-2005 at 02:02 PM.

Who are the brain police?
    Damn I hate new models. Spent my $$$ on the '05 SXT, and the last thing I want to consider is the latest and greatest for '06.

Maybe everyone should forsake the '06 offering and wait for '07, or maybe '08?
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Locoman
    Damn I hate new models. Spent my $$$ on the '05 SXT, and the last thing I want to consider is the latest and greatest for '06.

Maybe everyone should forsake the '06 offering and wait for '07, or maybe '08?
    I hear you. I've already started planning my cryrogenic freeze so I can ride the Fox's 2030 electromagnetic shocks. People who know people who know testers say they're sick.

If I hadn't slammed my wrist I would have been happily riding an '05 this very second...I'm just jealous that you're riding and I'm not.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Does anybody knows about the SX 4cross specs for 06 ?... 4" DHX air would be nice ... so I can upgrade my 05 and spend more cash

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Fooly_CoolyOo
    The old enduro frame has been completly replaced this year, but there are 2 styles of the "trail bike" style frame. The Comp, and FSR versions of the enduro have slighly less travel in the rear (140mm) and come with a DHX 4.0 air on the comp and a 3.0 on the FSR.
    So the trusty old Enduro 130 is finally dead (it died in the UK in 2004), but is the 140mm frame shared with it's longer travel brethren or is it a new frame entirely?

Boomslang
    So the trusty old Enduro 130 is finally dead (it died in the UK in 2004), but is the 140mm frame shared with it's longer travel brethren or is it a new frame entirely?
    For 2006, the 140 and 150 Enduro frames share identical frames. The only difference is that the 140 uses a shorter rear shock and a shorter fork.

Jake Wake

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeWake
    For 2006, the 140 and 150 Enduro frames share identical frames. The only difference is that the 140 uses a shorter rear shock and a shorter fork.

Jake Wake
    The only 140mm fork I can think of that's relatively hard hitting is the Rock Shox Pike.... I can only speculate as to the price point of the Enduro 140, but it's bound to be significantly cheaper than the longer travel bikes given Rock Shox's competitive pricing.

The 2005 bikes were significantly more expensive than the 2004 Enduros in the UK, (the entry level bike being a full 1/3 more expensive in '05) so there's an obvious gap in the marketplace for a downspecced hard hitting bike here.

The Enduro seems to be massively popular here, in addition to my own bike, four of my mates run Enduros (2004 expert, 2004 S works, 2002 expert and 2005 SX Trail).

Super Genius gone noMAD
    So te specs for te Enduro yesterday. I think 3 top models will have DHX Air. What bothers me is that all of them will have two rings (24-38)+bash. Well I guess I'll have to switch the crankset.

Boomslang
    Quote Originally Posted by SHooTEK
    So te specs for te Enduro yesterday. I think 3 top models will have DHX Air. What bothers me is that all of them will have two rings (24-38)+bash. Well I guess I'll have to switch the crankset.
    All 2006 Enduros will also include a large 44t ring, in case you don't prefer the dual set-up.

JW

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SHooTEK
    Thats exactly what I run on my Enduro (24/38/e13 supercharger). Its an AM/FR bike, you don't need a big ring and if you had one and were riding it properly, you would break the teeth going over an obstacle. Hell, on the east coast most people have 38T rings on their DH rigs cause the courses are more technical - don't tell me you are going to ride faster or steeper terrain than a person on a proper DH rig

I think the pro Cannondale and Ritchey teams have also run dual rings in the past - 29/39 - again you aren't going to ride faster than them

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Ugh my addiction is bad, I think I might buy an 06 SX Trail I to go with my 05 Enduro Pro I already have Or an 06 Ironhorse 7point7

mtbr member
    man, i'm deffintly going with a 07 SXT when i go better skills with this one, i'm planning on putting an Air shock on my SXT but i'm really pissed that i hadn't known about it sooner. anyways, also long as none of the frames have been changed it won't be as bad. also are the new bikes gonna cost as much or less or more than the 05?

mtbr member
    The MSRP's I saw at my LBS were:

Enduro Base - $2200
    Enduro Elite - $2800
    Enduro Expert - $3500
    Enduro Pro - $????
    Enduro S-works - $????

Looks like they dropped the Comp name in favor of "Elite", and raised the prices a bit all around.
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.