Go SOLAR...

Wife or OH riding a Myka FSR comp?

Found a deal on a 2009 model...$1400 new. Wife needs, or I need to buy her one...forget how it goes. LOL
    How do they ride of you know of anyone on one at the moment?
    Last edited by larlev; 12-30-2010 at 06:04 PM.
    Go Solar...

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    From the price, I imagine you're referring to the Myka FSR and not the hardtail, correct? Although I don't know much about the FSR model, my girlfriend has the 2009 Myka Elite hardtail, and I could give you a pretty good run down if you're looking at getting the hardtail version. Bike Radar offers a good review of the FSR version: http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/catego...-comp-09-34205
    The bicycle, the bicycle surely, should always be the vehicle of novelists and poets. ~Christopher Morley

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I tried one when I was picking a bike and tbh it was a bit 'bland'. It went ok, it stopped ok, and the suspension was ok but it wasn't very involving. I also struggled with the sizing - I'm 5'6 and normal build - as the frame size and geometry put me in the wrong place. I'm really glad I got to sit on one as I had planned to just buy one unseen, and I can't explain how disappointed I would have been if I had ordered it and it had been 'my' bike.

FKA Malibu412
    My wife has the '10 Comp and it works nicely for her. Spec'd very similar to the '09.

She's 5'2" on a small and standover and geo are geared for shorter legs and reach. The Le Femme fork is pretty soft but for a lady's weight it is okay and can be easily changed with another coil.

She thinks it's pretty comfy for longer rides....decent saddle.

I like the quality and components for the intended use.

I guess it depends on how serious a rider your wife is. Mine is more a of casual flat trail/path rider but likes some zippy downhill. Obviously, the Safire or even the Era are more suited to serious riders.
    Everything that kills me, makes me feel alive

Go SOLAR...
    Thanks Malibu....we actually found a 2008 Stumpy FSR in Medium that fits her well. I wouldn't have thought her at 5'4"-5'-5" fitting on a medium...she does and for the asking price $1300 like new condition. I think we found her a bike.
    Go Solar...