mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Why I am buying a SJ expert 2007

I owned a 2004 SJ Expert. Hated it (sorry for offending anyone).
    Short travel, twitchy on decents and a low BB made me sell it.

I WAS going to by the new SL (sweet!). Really hard to get a hold of so I took a look at the new 07 FSR.

I attached a simple animaition to show that they solved the issues I had.
    Just a quickie BUT I am stoked on the new ride I am getting!

Look at the BB, the fork angle is more relaxed and obviously there is more travel.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by goingleft; 02-12-2007 at 09:00 AM.

mtbr member
    Nice animation. I knew the bb was low, but that's a huge difference. You'll love the expert, it is a damn comfy ride and descends amazingly. The color looks WAY better in person, I always have thought that about most of spec's bikes; the pics on the website (color-wise) are much different in person.
    The is my first anodized bike and I don't think I'll own anything but from now on. Not one chip, my last bike was chipped up a lot.
    Congrats and enjoy!
    2007 Specialized Stumperjumper FSR Expert

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

2007 Stumpjumper Is Perfection!

I can't agree with you more! As you can see... I have (had) a 2005 Stumpjumper 120 expert and loved it so much when it came time to get a new mountain bike (as I do every 2 years) I went the the same. A 2007 Stumpjumper Expert. Wow... What a different and better bike! More travel front and rear, higher bottom bracket, lower right chain-stay, bearings on the shock instead of bushings that last six months, the Brain shock that makes this Stumpy as fast as my old Epic, fully jacketed dérailleur cables, SRAM driveline, better dérailleur hanger, bigger (185 and 203mm on my XL) brakes, the rapid adjust Fox TALAS fork, I can go on and on... What Specialized did was took a great bike and made it better. With the increased travel and Brain shock it totally changed (improved) the handling of the bike. I had a member of our club who needed to borrow a XL bike while his was down for repairs; so on several recent rides I had the rare opportunity to ride both the 05 and 07 on and off on the same ride. This is perfection! I also am fortunate to ride with other members who ride a XL frame and I've swapped with guys with a Vantana X5, Santa Cruz Heckler, Cannondale Prophet, and a Gary Fisher. Each one of them who rode it can't believe how nice it handles and how well it climbs.My bike choice has always led other members of our club to Specialized bikes; and just his weekend one of our members showed up with his own new Stumpjumper Comp. I have a feeling as the weather improves... more with make the move.
    The only negative thing I have found is the paint seems to be very fragile. My red paint is flaking off is some spots (which I'm pissed about) revealing a white undercoat? Don't really understand the problem but I would maybe suggest the anodized finish.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gilboy; 02-13-2007 at 07:55 PM.