Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Who's ordered the 2014 Epic S works WC?

Hey Guys,

I've just preordered a 2014 Epic S work WC, black. Just wondering who else has gotten one and when you're estimated delivery date is. Has anybody been able to ride one? There are only a couple vague reviews.

Thanks,
    Patrick

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I ordered the Expert Epic WC. Expected delivery is mid-October. Not sure about the S-Works version.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Hello,
    I also preordered 2014 Epic S-Works WC White
    They say October lets hope its true
    The few reviews out there say that its awesome!
    2013 Stumpjumper FSR Expert Evo 29er M
    2011 Stumpjumper S-Works HT 29er 19"

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Stopped by my LBS. Guy there just got back from the Dirt Demo at Interbike. He said the WC is sweet and is probably going to order one for himself too. He said my bike should be in in 2 or 3 weeks. Can't wait!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I am going to get a black S-Works WC frameset and build it up. The Specialized dealer website shows early November-early December availability for both complete bike and frameset, depending on size and color. These are just estimates at this point. You can ask your dealer to check on this for you.
    TOM
    USA Cycling Certified Coach

www.tomsbicycleblog.blogspot.com

2014 SW Epic WC
    2012 SW Epic
    2014 SW Tarmac SL4

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Just got the new mountain bike action in the mail today. The white one looks sick. They really nailed the aesthetics this year

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    The white frame is really nice. I tried to order one but it's not available in Europe. Not even as a frameset.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Just ordered my white S-Works Epic WC today. They said early-mid November but they're going to try to hustle it up.

2013 S-Works Epic for sale soon (*****in' bike, btw).

mtbr member
    Hey guys, I'm suprised and excited by the amount of WC's being ordered. I got the black one and I think it looks quite a bit better than the white one. redii, my 2013 is staying in my garage because its so much fun. Mine should be here in a week or two. I will post pictures when I get it.

Patrick

mtbr member
    Hey guys, LBS now says late october, early november. Hope specialized doesn't do another delivery date change. What do your delivery dates say now.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    My LBS says late october.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    The Specialized dealer site shows early November-early January, depending on color and frame size, but this is for inventory at Specialized in the US. A local dealer had a Expert WC come in last week, so it seems that orders are now starting to be filled. Once all of the open orders are filled, Specialized will start to have bikes and frames in inventory that a dealer can order and get quick delivery on.

If you have an order placed, your bike might show up sooner than you think. Cross your fingers!
    TOM

2014 SW Epic WC
    2012 SW Epic
    2014 SW Tarmac SL4

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

LBS got one in today. Too bad it wasn't my size. Sweet bike though. 22.5lbs for a medium. Still waiting for my XL..........

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharmerbob View Post
    LBS got one in today. Too bad it wasn't my size. Sweet bike though. 22.5lbs for a medium. Still waiting for my XL..........
    22.5 lbs sounds heavy for a medium. Is it the S-works Epic, S-works Epic WC or Epic Expert WC?

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Quote Originally Posted by --Andy-- View Post
    22.5 lbs sounds heavy for a medium. Is it the S-works Epic, S-works Epic WC or Epic Expert WC?
    It's an expert

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    My LBS got a black medium Expert WC yesterday, size medium.

mtbr member
    By my rough calculations, the SW WC will be about 1.5 to 2 lbs lighter than the Expert.

My 2011 SW Epic 29er medium converted to XX1, tubeless, weighs 22.1 lbs (with 230 gram pedals). Could drop another 250 grams to 21.5 lbs if I lightened the stem, seat and used the newer Roval wheel set, but not worth it as this point.

But the WC Expert is near last years SW weight at a greatly reduced price. Looks like the best bang for buck out of the 2014 Epics.

With an LBS 10% discount, use the $ saved to swap out the seat, post, bar and stem, tubeless, and drop weight to under 21.5 lbs!
    14 SW Epic WC - 21.8 lb
    12 Niner Air9RDO -16.4
    12 SJ FSR Exp EVO29 -28
    11 SW Epic 29 - sold
    10 Devinci Wilson 4 -37

mtbr member
    Thanks Guys, Cant wait to see what the ready to ride wait is. Are you all keeping the maguras on or swapping them out?

Patrick

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    The SW Epic WC is supposed to come in at under 20# for a size large without pedals. The medium Expert WC I saw weighed in at just under 23#, complete with resin rest ride pedals. Weight isn't the only difference between the SW and Epic. Both will be fantastic bikes, but you get the all carbon frame in Fact 11 with the SW, the WC fork, the new lighter wheels, etc.
    TOM

2014 SW Epic WC
    2012 SW Epic
    2014 SW Tarmac SL4

mtbr member
    From closer reading of the article first mentioning the under 20 lb SW, it was stated to have been "hot rodded", which to me says not the weight out of the box. But it also means it is easily attainable with a few easy mods. WOW!

I agree, weight isn't the only issue, but I'd bet if I put you on an Expert frame with all the SW components, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between frames. I'm sure they are both excellent.
    14 SW Epic WC - 21.8 lb
    12 Niner Air9RDO -16.4
    12 SJ FSR Exp EVO29 -28
    11 SW Epic 29 - sold
    10 Devinci Wilson 4 -37

mtbr member
    Ok guys please specify if u are talking of Epic or Sumpjumper

I ordered few weeks ago in the lbs, WC SW STUMPJUMPER they said Dec or first days of January maaaan I can't wait too much!!! really sad

The first pics of the 2014 SW WC Epic was a 19.6 lb without pedals remember!!!! so with pedals 20 lb flat!!

Anyone have the official weight of the SW WC STUMPY?? have to be lighter tan the 2013!! lighter frame lighter wheelset lighter cranks......

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by andresco50 View Post
    Ok guys please specify if u are talking of Epic or Sumpjumper
    The Thread title gives you a clue!!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tahic View Post
    The Thread title gives you a clue!!!!
    woow I only readĦĦĦĦĦĦĦĦ 2014.... well the time is the same we have to wait

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    In New Zealand we are not getting any WC bikes I don't think

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I have seen at least three different articles touting the fact that the SW Epic WC weighed less than 20# without pedals. I can't remember for sure, but I think the article that mentioned 19.6# might have converted the tires to tubeless. If an Expert comes in at less than 23#, it makes sense that the SW would be quite a bit lighter.

I owned a 2012 Epic Expert that cracked a seat tube. I was sent an SW frame under warranty. I immediately felt the difference with the SW frame, most particularly the added stiffness when descending and cornering.

I actually considered getting the 2014 Expert WC, because I agree that the Expert is going to be an incredible bike and probably a better "deal," but for me the SW difference is worth it. I'm getting the frame, and will add XX1, the new carbon wheels, and XTR brakes.
    TOM

2014 SW Epic WC
    2012 SW Epic
    2014 SW Tarmac SL4

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast