View Poll Results: who does stick with Autosag's settings ?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perfectly happy with Autosag's pressure

20 57.14%
  • I had to pump in some air

8 22.86%
  • I had to release some air

7 20.00%
    mtbr member

Who sticks with Autosag pressure ?

Autosag ? Autosucks to me ! I'm 6ft and 174 lbs,not the lightest rider but not the heaviest either. I know bottom line is just a matter of preference but following Autosag settings my shock went down to 170 PSI. Brain was not enough to keep the whole thing not bobbing and squatting. I had to pump it back up to my good 'ol Autosag-less 2011 FSR's 210 PSI. Felt like another bike...whippy and awake,and we all know what kind of truck the Stumpy FSR 29 is...
    Last edited by Devastazione; 10-23-2012 at 02:43 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Im 200 without gear and after setting the sag with auto sag it only sets it at 20%. I had to release air to get it to my preferred sag of (13mm) 25% for the back. I run 25% up front.

scn
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I need to add pressure. Still working out what feels best at this point, but the auto-sag sets it up with too much sag. (Stumpy EVO for reference)

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Talking about an '11 Epic S Works here...Terrain dicates, and moisture...ride alot of trail with tight high speed turns...full suspension, pretty much half to leave the tires at a certain air pressure plus or minus 5 lbs with carbon rims, so pretty much adjust air in the front and rear to grip the corners, so alway letting some air out, at most bring things back air to standard settings in pefect conditions,, but I would say 95% of the time, on the softer side, and still have a great platform.

mtbr member
    I just picked up '11 Epic SWorks, I have been running my riding weight but I think i'm going to drop it a few psi to see how it goes.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    The feature seems to work pretty well for me. '13 Stumpy evo. I tend to run the shock in Trail mode 100% of the time so I'm likely using a bit more platform/compression damping (vs. Descend mode). The way my trails are here switching modes is kind of useless. No sustained direction for anything longer than a couple minutes at most. I guess that's what Trail setting is for eh?

oh, I weigh about 175lbs. geared up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    (sj fsr 29 expert - brain version -75kg)
    Autosag set only to ~100-120PSI(!) for me. Each time when I try to use the get different results. This feature is pointless, and hard to set up.

In the past we simply pumped the shock by the air chart, and adjust 1-2 times if necessary and done.

There are different, confusing instructions (on youtube spec rep says: remove(!) your brain knob...), and the result is junk.

(On a spec demo day I just heard reps talking about autosag even sucks more on rockshox variants...)