mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Where's the Red Flake 2010 Enduro's?

Can't decied on what color to get for the 2010 Enduro Comp? Anybody have any pics of teh red flake color. Thats what I'm leaning towards.
    thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Dont go by Specializeds site

Its much brighter than that.
    Kind of retro muscle car metal flake red.

ps: I dont own one.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    ive seen it in person and its a really nice colour, unfortunately specialized's gloss paint finishes dont stand up to the rocky desert climate we have here, my 08 sx trail's paint is literally chipped to hell from stones on the trail, id rather have a black annodised frame any day

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    When I bought mine a couple weeks ago, I really liked the photos of the red. I drove way out of the way to a shop that had one, but did not personally like it in person. Went with the black.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I've seen a few '10 model Enduros on here that look almost like a bright red flake. I thought that was a test bike or demo color. So the actual red flake color is brighter in person than the photo on spec. site?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by supersquad3
    I've seen a few '10 model Enduros on here that look almost like a bright red flake. I thought that was a test bike or demo color. So the actual red flake color is brighter in person than the photo on spec. site?

The test bikes (expert level) come in a satin red and the comp is offered in red metalic flake. It's very bright..sort of like a "bass boat" color. I went for the stealth black.
    Specialized BG FIT Master Technician

The Unaffiliated
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by supersquad3
    The test bike color IS a bit different than metal flake red on the Enduro Comps. It is more satiny and almost looks more like powdercoat. Very little shine to it, and not much metal flake. It seems to be a more durable finish, perfect for test bikes or abusive owners. It also could be a cheaper finish, but I don't really care.

Here is mine in the sun the first day out. (This is an Enduro Expert in "Test Bike Red")

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Yes, the test bike red is much different (and nicer looking IMO) than the flake red on the comp retail model.

Ride.Recover.Beer.
    The red in person looks NOTHING like it does on the Speci website. If I was in the market, I'd have one.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thrasher_s
    The test bike color IS a bit different than metal flake red on the Enduro Comps. It is more satiny and almost looks more like powdercoat. Very little shine to it, and not much metal flake. It seems to be a more durable finish, perfect for test bikes or abusive owners. It also could be a cheaper finish, but I don't really care.

Here is mine in the sun the first day out. (This is an Enduro Expert in "Test Bike Red")

Do you really ride with your saddle at that angle?
    "Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?"

Engineer The Future Now!
    I'm diggin' the "test bike red." On the frame where it typically says "test bike," is that just a sticker that can be removed?
    holy...

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

red flake def gives me that Christmas feeling i had as a kid. stoked! just got this thing. my new pedals should be in today and ill post another pic with those on.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

pedals are ready to go

also a pic of the red with different lighting

The Unaffiliated
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pop_martian
    Do you really ride with your saddle at that angle?
    Climbing for miles on a brand new saddle. It's pretty level now, angled back just a tad.