Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Where in the world is Floyellow S-Works?

Damn, I'm excited about this new addition. Unfortunatly I'm still unpatiently waiting. Sounds like February before it shows, and for the life of me, I can't get a straight answer or pic on the Floyellow color S-works. I'm mainly looking so that I can color match a few parts, but part of me also want's to know what the hell my new bike is going to look like. I did manage to stumble onto some video of one a month or so ago, but it looked like a demo and I know how the demos can sometimes differ in color from the final production.

The floyellow in the lower end models is more of a lime greenish, but I've seen the Floyellow on other S-works and it's almost neon yellow.

Help a brotha out...

G

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I'm waiting on it too.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I'd be interested in the video if you can remember where you saw it.
    JS

mtbr member
    This one?

mtbr member
    Another...

Now broadcasting from CO
    Might not be the vid the OP was talking about, but here's one:

http://www.cyclingdirt.org/coverage/...d-S-Works-Epic
    Brought to you by rocks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Yup that's the video, and yup, those are the glam pics, but what I'm looking for is the real deal raw photos. You never do know with Specialized. I've seen colors on the website that look way different in person.

G

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    LBS just got one in. Picture is in the link below.
    I will see if I can get some better pictures

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...16.68215524592

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GCasta
    LBS just got one in. Picture is in the link below.
    I will see if I can get some better pictures

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...16.68215524592
    I was just looking through your shops pictures and damn that is one helluva shop. Makes my local shops look like a shack, I wish they'd stock any high end stuff.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    That looks way more yellow than green. Hmmm. Hope my choice was a good one and I don't regret it

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Well there you have it folks... The first real picture of the Floyellow. Looks like I'll be color cordinating towards the neon yellow side! Either way I'll be happy...

G

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Any ideas for flo yellow components?

Yellow spoke nipples?

JS

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Well, at least we know they exist! Just hope mine ships before the 5% price increase goes into effect.

Sup
    I think flow yellow is supposed to be the color of antifreeze
    my alloy epic frame said it is yellow and it looks like it is made out of prestone

I could be wrong again
    SJ
    I am slow therefore I am

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Here are a couple more pics.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Any idea whether they received one because they are a Specialized store or if they are shipping ? Been waiting patiently since I ordered in July.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I found out that mine shipped yesterday! Should be here by tomorrow. Can't wait to build it up!

The Other Dude
    Still waiting, ordered mine in september, i hope some good news comes soon.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by erichwic
    I found out that mine shipped yesterday! Should be here by tomorrow. Can't wait to build it up!

What frame is it, the Epic or Stumpjumper HT?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    S-Works Epic 29er frameset in Flo Yellow. Ordered it in July, the day I saw it at the dealer event in Keystone CO.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    You got my hopes up there for a minute! Enjoy the frame

Supersonic Garfield
    Quote Originally Posted by GCasta
    Here are a couple more pics.
    Cool! Any chance you could take off the fork, seatpost and rear hub and weight the frame for us? Thanks

The Other Dude
    Mine just got shipped today! Super excited! It should be in on monday!
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Picked up the frame/fork today....WOW! It's definitely more neon yellow than the photo above shows. VERY flashy looking. Frame (size M) weighs 5lbs. 2oz. This includes the seatpost clamp. Fork weighs 3lbs. 8oz. I'll post more pics on Sunday...installing my crankset/rings tonight.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Ok, a few facts. The front derailleur needs to be a S3 derailleur mount. I kept the S1 XX derailleur from my Epic Marathon 29er and it didn't fit. Secondly, the rear hub appears to be the same as the one from the other Epic models. Doesn't appear to have any DT internals. Thirdly, the frame does not come with adapters to accommodate a 160mm rotor. This may only be the case for the medium frames. I'll post some pics in the next few days.

The Other Dude
    Ok, a few facts. The front derailleur needs to be a S3 derailleur mount. I kept the S1 XX derailleur from my Epic Marathon 29er and it didn't fit. Secondly, the rear hub appears to be the same as the one from the other Epic models. Doesn't appear to have any DT internals. Thirdly, the frame does not come with adapters to accommodate a 160mm rotor. This may only be the case for the medium frames. I'll post some pics in the next few days.

Thanks for that info! I was especially wondering about the brake adapters. I got a large, and its supposed to be in on monday. I will see if it has the 160mm adapters with it or not. I thought that the hub on the s-works was supposed to have the dt internals...oh well. I did get the roval wheels for mine, but plan on using that hub to build up a back up wheelset with some different tires.

mtbr member
    Major bummer on the hub not being the DT version!

Finally some S-Works frame weights! Thanks erichwic!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    jut8, if your frame comes with adapters and you aren't going to use them, I'd be willing to buy them from you. Guess I could run a 140mm rotor to eliminate the hassle, but wouldn't mind the extra stopping power. Since we have about 12 inches of snow and it's supposed be about -5 here with the windchill, I don't plan on riding it anytime soon so these issues will probably resolve themselves by the time I am able to hit the trail.

The Other Dude
    erichwic, I am actually in the same boat as you, if the frame comes with the adapters i planned on using them for the 160 rotor, but if not, i guess i will give a 140 a try. If we want to go to 160's would it take a 185mm front post mount adapter? I wonder if a specialized dealer would be able to get them for us if we asked nice?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    A 160>180mm post mount adapter is what you need. We got an Ashima one for my wife's 26" HT.

Sup
    my hope 180 mm adapter was a little too tall 2-3mm
    Sj
    I am slow therefore I am

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I thought they all had DT internals and the points of engagement were different from Epic's to S Work Epic's which you could upgrade with this http://www.wheelbuilder.com/store/dt...grade-kit.html. So this is not the case?

The Other Dude
    I didnt get my frame yet, it got held up in SLC, but i did get some clarification on a few things. My frame is a large, and just like the others it did/will not come with a 160mm adapter for the rear brake.

Also the included rear hub is not a dt star hub, it is just a standard hub to get you going if you didnt drop the coin on the Roval wheelset since the 142 is still new.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerJoe
    Sj
    Which brakes are you using with this adapter? I thought it looked pretty good with my Formula Biancos, but maybe I don't know exactly what to look at...

The Other Dude
    Got this email back from specialized about the brake adapters:

For the Epic frame: It won't ship with the brake adapters and unfortunately the 185 fork adapters probably won't line up (according to our QC dept. they're off by 1.5 mm). We don't have any in stock either, we are ordering them now but they won't be available for a couple months.

That is ok with me, i can run a 140mm rotor until the 160 setup come in....who knows i may even like it!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I guess I'll be using a140mm until the adapters come in. I'm MAJORLY bummed that a $4400 dollar frame doesn't come with a high-end rear hub witht the DT internals. It looks like I'll be building it up but may go with a DT240 wheel as well. I sent a PM to Goneskiian, but if anyone else is willing to take pics of the underside of your bottom bracket area on S-Works Epic to get a better look at the cable routing it would be greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    I sent a PM to Goneskiian, but if anyone else is willing to take pics of the underside of your bottom bracket area on S-Works Epic to get a better look at the cable routing it would be greatly appreciated.
    The cable routing on the 2011 Epic looks exactly the same as on the 2009 and 2010 Epic. There are some pictures of skiwi's 2010 Epic Marathon here showing the cable layout.

My New S-work Epic impressions

The main thing is to make sure the cables are long enough not to rub on the frame's bottom bracket shell when the suspension is fully compressed.

mtbr member
    I can confirm the cable routing is pretty much the same as the picture linked above. Obviously the rear derailleur housing goes into the right chainstay.

When looking at the picture linked above, the housing from left to right at the bottom of the picture are the rear derailleur, the front derailleur and the rear brake.

Here's a picture of mine. The bottom right shows where the rear derailleur housing is entering the chainstay. I know, it's not super clear. I could probably get more if you give me a more specific shot you want.

Cheers!
    -Ian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where in the world is Floyellow S-Works?-library-7141.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    So my main question is the housing for the rear derailleur. Does the full housing go in the chainstay? According to the pic, it looks like full housing routed internally?

JCL
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I'm an AM/DH guy and definitely not of fan of the Brain system but that frame looks simply stunning.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerJoe
    Sj
    Hey SlowerJoe - which rotor are you using with this adapter - is it a 180mm or a 183mm? I know that hope makes both. I looked more closely this evening and the adapter is def. too tall by approx. 2-3 mm for my 180mm Formula rotor. Is it ok to ride it this way? I see that hope offers their floating rotors in a 183mm and avid had their rotors in the 185mm size. Presumably one of these would resolve the issue.... How are you handling it?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Mines here

That's aight JCL, because everyone obviously knows that a pretty bike automatically overrides any negatives said bike has. It's true, I have real world numbers from riding a butt arse ugly bike against a beautiful one and I was MUCH faster on the pretty bike.

Just got the e-mail. Mine has arrived but I likely not see it till the weekend. I've got a real special evening planned for the two of us. Nice candlelite dinner followed by some cuddle time on the coutch. Guess having a pretty bike has it's privilages.

What's all this talk about brakes? So you saying no go on any 160 front or back?

G

Sup
    183mm
    made my own adapter
    sometimes it is good to know how to use a lathe

Sj
    Last edited by Burnt-Orange; 01-25-2011 at 08:28 AM.
    I am slow therefore I am

mtbr member
    So my main question is the housing for the rear derailleur. Does the full housing go in the chainstay? According to the pic, it looks like full housing routed internally?
    Yes, the housing goes through the chainstay. You may need to use the narrow gauge housing.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TurnerConvert
    Hey SlowerJoe - which rotor are you using with this adapter - is it a 180mm or a 183mm? I know that hope makes both. I looked more closely this evening and the adapter is def. too tall by approx. 2-3 mm for my 180mm Formula rotor. Is it ok to ride it this way? I see that hope offers their floating rotors in a 183mm and avid had their rotors in the 185mm size. Presumably one of these would resolve the issue.... How are you handling it?
    Duh... its a 160mm rotor with the 180mm adapter. My bad...

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by watchmyback
    I thought they all had DT internals and the points of engagement were different from Epic's to S Work Epic's which you could upgrade with this http://www.wheelbuilder.com/store/dt...grade-kit.html. So this is not the case?
    I'm pretty sure the DT Swiss star ratchet upgrade will not work. I obviously have not tried it but from what others have told me, it won't work.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I'm pretty sure the DT Swiss star ratchet upgrade will not work. I obviously have not tried it but from what others have told me, it won't work.
    Thanks, after reviewing this thread Specialized 142+ rear hub, I realized I need to plan for another hub option.

mtbr member
    anyone planning to use the red carbon rims with this frame? any pictures of this? I might be getting the flo yellow but kinda bummed specialized decided to do the red roval carbon rim

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Yes sir... Guess you can't win all the color cordinated battles. Shouldn't look too bad tho.

G

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I wish I had the $$$ for the carbon Rovals but won't be going that route. Going to build up some Stans wheels. I figure I can buy one full set and an extra rear for half the price of a set of carbon rovals. Plus, I don't have to adjust the derailleur all the time. I'm still waiting for my new XX front derailleur to come in before I install the cranks. May be a few months before my rear wheel gets built too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by g-wiz
    Yes sir... Guess you can't win all the color cordinated battles. Shouldn't look too bad tho.

G

Sir do you have it built up? I just found out a minute ago that I will be a flo yellow rider this year so I will be one certain fashion disaster out there

carbon red plus neon yellow here we go!!!

The Other Dude
    Well i just told them to ship me whichever color they could get first because I think they were all pretty sweet looking this season. I didnt get a yellow one, but i have not one complaint, i love this thing, I just finished building it a few minutes ago, and I am going to do all the setup on it and trim the brake lines tomorrow.

Just as it sits with the pedals it weighted in a 21.06lbs on my ultimate sports scale.

and here is a picture of the under cable routing:

mtbr member
    I also like all the colors and pretty much ordered first available frame which was floyellow

mtbr member
    Nice! Going with the single front ring eh? Great way to drop some weight.

Is that a size Large frame? Hard to tell at that angle if it's a L or XL.

What size is that front ring?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by goneskiian
    Nice! Going with the single front ring eh? Great way to drop some weight.

Is that a size Large frame? Hard to tell at that angle if it's a L or XL.

What size is that front ring?

Thanks!
    Looks like a Large
    and
    Looks like 33 tooth

I'm the king of eyeing it lol

The Other Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by GTR2ebike
    Looks like a Large
    and
    Looks like 33 tooth

I'm the king of eyeing it lol

You must be, right on the money, its a large and a gamut 33t. I have a 34 and a 36 on hand to try also.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jut8
    You must be, right on the money, its a large and a gamut 33t. I have a 34 and a 36 on hand to try also.
    One thing I can't tell though is what model seat that is(looks like a road saddle?)...fill me in
    I pmed you last night

The Other Dude
    Its a Toupe Team saddle. I got your PM, and I honestly do not have an answer as I had some of the parts already, and the others I collected between september when i ordered the frame and now, so I do not have a dollar figure i could give you on the total price.....i tried not to keep a running tally, lol.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    That saddle is definitely a toupe. Be careful running road saddles on the mtn bike. I'm sure the ti rails come out of the same bin but I've snapped rails in half during a 6-hour race a few years back and I only weigh about 165. Bike's look nice and thanks for everyone who's posted pics of the cable routing.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    No, and likely won't be built up till mid-feb. Waiting on some other parts from SRAM, along with a few other odd ball parts. Trails are no good around my parts, and I'm in no rush. That may sound weird but I've been waiting for this bike since September, so what's a few more weeks? I'll be happy to post up the final build when I'm done.

Still trying to figure the brake deal. What size rotor works as it stands?

G

The Other Dude
    140mm rotor will work as the frame comes stock. The LBS had a test epic there that they were kind enough to let me rob the 160mm rear adapters from.

As for the saddle, i hear what you are saying, but that saddle is actually a take off from my s-works ht 29er from last season, and it seemed to work fine. But 2 seasons ago i was running a toupe and had a bad crash, it cracked the carbon saddle body, but the rails were fine and still on the seatpost, lol. Needless to say i didnt try to finish that race!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I was trying to find neon yellow housing to match the Flo Yellow frame but it just ain't happenin'. Found a bunch online but most is either 4.5 or 5mm in diameter.

mtbr member
    G-wiz im in the same boat, atleast the frame is coming my way as we speak, most of the parts i have built up over half a years worth of waiting. ugh that sounds so brutal half a year.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Wow Jut8 that looks sweet!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Yo, Jut8, sweet set up. I'm going with a very similar set up. A couple of questions...

What kind of chain rentension device did you use up front. I'm doing a 1x10 also, but haven't looked into whether or not E13 finally came out with their design.

Also, you mind doing a quick part spec for us? I'm shooting for that 22 pound range, and it looks like the only main difference will be I have an XL. Looks like you have the S-works cranks which I'll be going with, but I couldn't tell what stem, bar, and brakes you were using.

Thanks,

G

The Other Dude
    Sure, here is the Spec list:

S-Works Epic Frame large w/Specialized Reba 29 fork

Specialized Carbon Seat Post

Specialized Toupe Ti Team Saddle

Roval Carbon Wheelset

S-Works Renegade Rear Tire & S-Works Fastrak front tire (both tubeless)

Sunline XC-1 100mm Stem

S-Works Carbon Flat bars 680mm

Bontrager XXX Lite Grips

XX Brakes w/160mm rotor

XX Rear Shifter

XX 11-36 Cassette

XX Rear derailleur (going to change to short X.0 rear shortly)

Specialized Carbon Cranks

Gamut 33t Chainring

Problem solvers alloy chainring bolt

SRAM PC-1091R Chain

Crank Bros 4ti egg beaters (old ones, not the new ones)

I used Jagwire 4mm derailleur cable, stock headset, and the specialized wagon wheel headset cap. And any bolt that I could swap for a Ti or alloy bolt i did, including the post clamp, stem, and chainguide setup.

mtbr member
    ahh my tortures wait is over, my floyellow xl epic is chillin at the LBS

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yxan
    ahh my tortures wait is over, my floyellow xl epic is chillin at the LBS
    XL? Sweet! Please post up a weight for us! Thanks!

Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    jut8 - same question as g-wiz, what chain device are you running? I'm finding it impossible to get hold of a DMD mount chain device to run 1x10.

mtbr member
    frame only or frame + fork?

The Other Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by dav1d
    jut8 - same question as g-wiz, what chain device are you running? I'm finding it impossible to get hold of a DMD mount chain device to run 1x10.
    I am running a specialized DMD mount guide. I am told that Specialized is in fact selling them aftermarket, and that all you need to do is hit up your local shop.
    Last edited by jut8; 01-29-2011 at 05:56 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    any black and gray epic 29er yet

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Just picked my frameset up. I'm waiting on a 175mm S-works crankset that may take a while but we just got 21"+ of snow the other day so I have time. I have a back up plan if the crank takes too long. For now the frameset will be my extra training motivation. The epic marathon 29er that I rode last year was incredible. This is going to be a hard one to give back at the end of the season.
    Sorry for the poor phone camera work
    Where in the world is Floyellow S-Works?-sworks.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I feel ya norty! Mines been in the shop since last week. I've yet to see it, (shop is an hour away.) I'm currently waiting on parts from SRAM, my crankset (which is the same as yours), a DMR chain guide on backorder through specialized, and brakes (that I still don't know what size will fit). I've never had a bike build be so complicated, but welcome to specialized! I'm more than confident it'll be well worth it though.

Oh and we have 20+ inches of snow too! Welcome to my luck!

G

except change 29er's
    Oct 2005
    when did you guys place your order because my bike shop is saying these frames you guys are getting was because they where ordered at the shop weekend preorder. I ordered mine in august and now my lbs is say end of feb beginning of march. I was told in the beginning dec. Now they have my money and still waiting! Losing patience!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    He is correct. I ordered mine a few days after it was released to the public at the 2011 dealer event. Haven't ridden it yet since it's -2 with about 12" of snow on the ground.

except change 29er's
    Oct 2005

Upset

Thanks for the response I is hard to wait when your told dec. Now I am being told late feb. Or even march I have my first race in march!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Build questions

For those of you that have your frames already, can you tell me what the AC of the fork is? Also I am wondering what cables/housing to run. It looks like it may be 4mm only. Is it full length housing to the rear der? I'm thinking iLinks, Nokon, etc.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    4mm housing. Fully housing for the front and rear derailleurs. I used simple Jagwire 4mm. Cheap since the frame cost me an arm and a leg.
    MCH Co-Captain

just ride
    if anyone is ;looking for a new set of Roval Carbon 142+ 29er wheels, PM me, I am unable to build my 29er and now would like to sell these wheels..... Wheels have sold, thank you
    Last edited by 24hrsordie; 02-14-2011 at 11:48 AM.
    just ride... who cares how big your wheels are

except change 29er's
    Oct 2005
    The wait is over showed up today!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just about to to cancel my order when I walked in and they said happy valentines day..... I also found out that jagwire is making a flow yellow or should I say bright green cables... For those who where looking.... I cant wait to ride and let know if its worth the wait.....

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Green cables? If they made neon yellow that would be sweet.
    MCH Co-Captain

except change 29er's
    Oct 2005
    Green cables? If they made neon yellow that would be sweet.
    the same color as the flow yellow I call it green call me color blind jagwire sells it in packs or bulk. They are using it on the comp frame....

mtbr member
    here is mine finally built up, waiting for some minor parts. but finally i can ride this pig.

23.44 as it sits now XL frame.

Don't Stop Spinnin'!
    shes a beauty! cant wait for my flo yellow to arrive! congrats!
    ~every end is a new beginning...

mtbr member
    red wheels and yellow frame
    can you delete the red stickers or not ?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by boude
    red wheels and yellow frame
    can you delete the red stickers or not ?
    Not, it was just discussed in another thread.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Yxan, nice looking bike... But whats up with the weight? I figured that build would come up short of 23. I did notice you're running XTR, and some heavy grips with bar ends, but other than that it looks like a light build.

I was hoping to get down to the 22 mark with my XL. I'll be running a 1x10 which will save weight, but I'll have X0 brakes, and probably Airotors, so I'm not as light on the brake set up as your's.

I still have not seen my bike, and it's been in for three weeks. I'm waiting on my Sram build, so it won't be long. I going all in on the Yellow and Red build. Went with a red E13 chainring up front, probably go with the 3T stem and bar with red accents, and something red on the seat. Oh, and my XO's are red. It's either going to be awesome or horribly awesome. Either way, it's going to ride like a dream.

G

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Nice bike yxan. Can you measure the AC of the fork for me? I heard 520mm but that can't be right. I'm expecting it to be around 506mm.

mtbr member
    Yxan, nice looking bike... But whats up with the weight? I figured that build would come up short of 23. I did notice you're running XTR, and some heavy grips with bar ends, but other than that it looks like a light build.

I was hoping to get down to the 22 mark with my XL. I'll be running a 1x10 which will save weight, but I'll have X0 brakes, and probably Airotors, so I'm not as light on the brake set up as your's.

I still have not seen my bike, and it's been in for three weeks. I'm waiting on my Sram build, so it won't be long. I going all in on the Yellow and Red build. Went with a red E13 chainring up front, probably go with the 3T stem and bar with red accents, and something red on the seat. Oh, and my XO's are red. It's either going to be awesome or horribly awesome. Either way, it's going to ride like a dream.

G
    G-wiz,
    Here is my build so far. (not quite done yet) I was assuming I was going to end up in the 23 range initially. I have to say that building light is expensive, not sure my wallet can take a lot more than mid to high 22 if at all.

after adding Ti bolts for front calipers the weight dropped down to 23.42

S-works 30.9 seat post (stock)
    S-works 75 mm stem
    S-works enduro riser bar
    Ergon gx2 carbon
    XTR shifters, cassette, chain, front and rear der
    Formula R1 (will add carbon level blades)
    Scrub rotots with ti bolts
    S-works cranks
    XTR pedals (last gen)
    Specialized Romin Ti seat 130mm
    Specialized Renegade control rear tire
    Racing Ralph 2.4 front tire

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    It's going to be close Yxan... Going all XX saves me weight, and crankbro's, along with Ritchey WCS foam grips. You've got me on the brakes and rotors though, not sure by how much.

I guess time will tell. Truth be told, if I can get it right at 23, I'll be happy. 22 would be even better, but whats a pound? Running the 1x10 should also save me some weight. Mainly from not having a shifter, cables, or extra ring. The chainguide will probably be equal to the weight of a fd.

Let me know how you like those Renegade's... A few guys love them around here, but it's going to take a hell of a tire to get me off my RR's.

No more ww talk for me...

G

mtbr member
    It's going to be close Yxan... Going all XX saves me weight, and crankbro's, along with Ritchey WCS foam grips. You've got me on the brakes and rotors though, not sure by how much.

I guess time will tell. Truth be told, if I can get it right at 23, I'll be happy. 22 would be even better, but whats a pound? Running the 1x10 should also save me some weight. Mainly from not having a shifter, cables, or extra ring. The chainguide will probably be equal to the weight of a fd.

Let me know how you like those Renegade's... A few guys love them around here, but it's going to take a hell of a tire to get me off my RR's.

No more ww talk for me...

G
    my brake set up is a marginal weight saving. so you should be able to get it down pretty light.

latest update in the old ww madness im down to 23.38 lol

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Anyone had luck finding the Avid 140mm to 160mm brake adapters?
    MCH Co-Captain

mtbr member

I have not as you can see by my pics (conical washers for the win) but a trip to a hobby store for some aluminium tubing to create those adapters is what might happen soon

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    erichwic,
    Here's a pict off a 2011 evo 29'er. The rear spacer is 12mm+2mm(14mm post to caliper) for the conical washer. The front spacer is 18mm+2mm for conical washer. I didn't measure the bolts. Probably 40mm and 45mm.

I'm checking if I can get some adapters from Specialized or sram. I'll let you know what I find out. I have a feeling I'll end up turning my own out of delrin.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    You failed to attach a link/photo. Thanks. I'm only looking to shim the rear end, I'll only use a 160mm up front.
    MCH Co-Captain

except change 29er's
    Oct 2005
    I just picked my bike up today and the shop put on 140mm until the adaptor come's in. The rep told them in a couple month's.
    It doesn't have all the light part's on yet like pedals, stem, and rear rotor 24.32 med it should weigh around 23lbs when done. I'm loven it!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Floyellow in Singapore!

Where in the world is the sworks epic floyellow?

There's a 26er in Sunny Singapore!!!

Bought the frameset and built it up.

Will post up better pics soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where in the world is Floyellow S-Works?-flo-yellow.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    You failed to attach a link/photo. Thanks. I'm only looking to shim the rear end, I'll only use a 160mm up front.
    oops. only a week late
    Where in the world is Floyellow S-Works?-calipermount.jpg

except change 29er's
    Oct 2005
    I ragged when my frame wasn't coming in. So now I must give the positive this bike rocks. I have it dialed and have over 200mile of east coast rocks and this bike is more than I expeceted. It ways 24lbs. with bottle cage tube hanging and heavy pedals. The brain was meant for the big wheels....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0