mtbr member
    May 2006

Where can I buy a mudguard/flap for my 06 Stumpy?

I'm looking for a mud guard/flap for my '06 Stumpy. The only place I seem to find them is an online store in the UK. Did Specialized make these?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where can I buy a mudguard/flap for my 06 Stumpy?-mudflap.jpg  

Hic-A-Doo-La!
    Have you asked at your local spesh dealer? That's where I bought mine.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    How long ago did you buy yours? I've never asked. I just assumed if I didn't see it they didn't carry it.

Hic-A-Doo-La!
    It was a few years ago. I'm sure they could order it for you.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    That flap was really only designed to protect the rear shock from mud, not really helpful for the rider. It has 2 tiny holes where mini zip ties hold it to the seat stays. One slight bump and it breaks off. I got mine from my LBS off the shelf but they can probs still order it.

For rider mud protection you're pretty much stuck with the seat post mounted variety as clearance is an issue.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/...jsp?spid=41554

Quote Originally Posted by JAYMATIK
    I'm looking for a mud guard/flap for my '06 Stumpy. The only place I seem to find them is an online store in the UK. Did Specialized make these?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SJDude
    That flap was really only designed to protect the rear shock from mud, not really helpful for the rider. It has 2 tiny holes where mini zip ties hold it to the seat stays. One slight bump and it breaks off. I got mine from my LBS off the shelf but they can probs still order it.

For rider mud protection you're pretty much stuck with the seat post mounted variety as clearance is an issue.
    That's fine. I just want it for that exact reason.