DTL
    mtbr member

Wher are the 2011 Epic 29ers?

I've been waiting to see and test ride a 2011 Epic Comp 29er for months. None of the shops in my area have begun receiving these bikes (or any of the other 2011 Epic 29er models). Does anyone know why it is taking so long for these bikes to become available?

mtbr member
    My local shop has one, probably just related to your shop.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    They're still in Taiwan.

mtbr member
    There was a shipment that landed the first week of December I beleive, I was fortunate get my Comp Carbon 29er. I remember the shop owner saying another shipment was expected in January.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dpastore22
    There was a shipment that landed the first week of December I beleive, I was fortunate get my Comp Carbon 29er. I remember the shop owner saying another shipment was expected in January.
    I hope this is true. I was originally told that my frame would be here in early December. I know that these are estimates and in the overall scheme of things an extra 4-6 weeks isn't terrible, but I am really excited about getting the frame and building it up.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Shops in Oklahoma City and Tulsa have had the comps for at least 2 months. I would say it has to do with when your shop placed their stock order.
    2011 S-Works Epic 29er

mtbr member
    I've been riding mine for a little more than a month.

I know my local shop has had a demo version for at least 3 months.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dpastore22
    How do you like your comp? Our store just got an M5 Comp test bike in, looks great.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by goneskiian
    I've been riding mine for a little more than a month.

I know my local shop has had a demo version for at least 3 months.
    How does the PF-30 setup look? I've looked around online and don't see any replacements available yet, although I'm sure they're coming.

official eMpTyBRain
    Plenty of Comp 29ers in the Los Angeles area....
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Looks like the comp carbon 29ers(no smalls) and the epic expert evos are in stock at Specialized. The epic comp 29er and the epic expert carbon 29er are slated to arrive at the end of the month.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by norty_mtb
    Looks like the comp carbon 29ers(no smalls) and the epic expert evos are in stock at Specialized. The epic comp 29er and the epic expert carbon 29er are slated to arrive at the end of the month.
    I have had a medium Epic Expert 29er on order since Nov. My LBS says early this month or early March!

Has anyone heard if the 29er Experts are in the Jan shipment? I am hoping to get a couple months of training in on this bike before the race season starts.

I have been kicking around the idea of picking up an EVO but not sure if I would like the gearing range.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BiknBob
    How does the PF-30 setup look? I've looked around online and don't see any replacements available yet, although I'm sure they're coming.
    Looks and works great!

Now broadcasting from CO
    Quote Originally Posted by wavewagon
    I have had a medium Epic Expert 29er on order since Nov. My LBS says early this month or early March!

Has anyone heard if the 29er Experts are in the Jan shipment? I am hoping to get a couple months of training in on this bike before the race season starts.
    Same... here's hoping that they come soon. My shop has a S-Works, a M5 Comp, and an Expert in large, but not medium (what I need).
    Brought to you by rocks.