mtbr member

When do the Specialized 2011's go on sale...

Ok, so I am working on a project that will require me to get another bike (FS...yeah I know, tough job)...anyway, when will the 2011's go on sale. I hope this year. If anyone knows, please let me know. I am leaning towards a Stumpjumper FSR 29er, and a camber 29er.

Tell me what you think

thanks
    Protect Extreme Sports Athletes - Extreme Sports Protection
    Real Estate - Tampa Foreclosures

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    They are on sale now. If you want one, get your order in sooner than later.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by erichwic
    They are on sale now. If you want one, get your order in sooner than later.
    Where? The LBS's around me all have them for MSRP so I am not seeing it

FKA Malibu412
    Quote Originally Posted by rmasse10
    Ok, so I am working on a project that will require me to get another bike (FS...yeah I know, tough job)...anyway, when will the 2011's go on sale. I hope this year. If anyone knows, please let me know. I am leaning towards a Stumpjumper FSR 29er, and a camber 29er.

Tell me what you think

thanks
    I guess you mean "clearance" sale. Try about September 2011. cough*cheap wad*cough cough
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

Slow But Still Pedaling
    I know other people have said they won't be out 'til late November or December, but I've already seen a size large Epic S-Works 29er at a local shop. (Idiot that I was, I didn't buy it that day...)

Broken
    Where? The LBS's around me all have them for MSRP so I am not seeing it

By on sale you mean discounted? Probably sometime in April. You could also negotiate the price like when you buy a car. Here in RI I've gotten a 10-15% discount on price just by asking...Can you do better on the price? MSRP is Manufacturers SUGGESTED Retail Price. Tey have a hi and low number they can work with.

FKA Malibu412
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeke
    Tey have a hi and low number they can work with.
    With Specialized, it's called minimum floor price. Some shops automatically price their bikes at that level, some will give that price if you ask and some sell for MSRP only until clearance time.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I always ask for a discount...but I noticed that when the new model year comes in, they pretty much blow everything out to clear room....was hoping that that time frame was December but I guess it is not...tell me more about the high low prices, that sounds interesting

thanks

FKA Malibu412
    Yeah, I always ask for a discount...but I noticed that when the new model year comes in, they pretty much blow everything out to clear room....was hoping that that time frame was December but I guess it is not...tell me more about the high low prices, that sounds interesting

thanks
    Maybe you mean 2010s but are saying 2011s? The '11s just started going on floors and shelves a couple months ago and 2012s won't be around until July-Sept 2011. After that, you'll start to see deeper discounts on '11s.

If you see a tag with a price that agrees with the web advertised MSRP, ask about the minimum floor price and if they will sell bikes at that price. Its usually around 7%-8% under the MSRP. Some shop staffers will say it doesn't exist. Some will give you the deal without much dickering. Some have it on the price tag right up front.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I just got a Rockhopper Expert 29er for 1k. I just walked in and asked what they could do on it, he said 1100, I said Ive seen them elsewhere cheaper, he said 1k.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I got my 2011 Enduro Comp 3 weeks ago for $300 under MSRP...

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    'On sale' or 'for sale'? Significant difference. They are already 'for sale' and won't be 'on sale' until the 2012 is about to come out. Does anyone know when the 2013's will be on sale? I've been asking and it seems that the prices are a bit too high for me right now. Also, shops don't always discount, it is retail. I rarely go into my local grocery store and ask if they'll take $2 for a $3 jar of peanut butter.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    My LBS sold me an Enduro Expert for $3800. Not sure if that's the "floor" price but I thought it was nice to get the bike for $400 less than MSRP.

mtbr member
    Picked up my 11' Enduro Comp last weekend for $2300, MSRP $2900. You just got to find a dealer who will deal. Most of the dealers don't want to budge. I was able to see cost on this bike, and lets just say..there is room to play on these bikes when they get up there in price.