mtbr member

Wheel ID on Stumpjumper Comp Carbon HT 2013

I am trying to find out exactly what my wheels are and get some documentation to help me with maintenance... can anyone help me with:
    1. What are the wheels exactly?
    and also:
    2. I used to be able to see the exact spec for the bike at this URL: http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bik...ercompcarbon29 but it doesn't work any more. The "Archive" search doesn't seem to work take any notice of a year and it doesn't seem to find my bike. How does this feature work - or doesn't it?
    If I search "Comp Carbon 2013" it seems to find a lot of "Comp Carbon" bikes including 6Fattie which wouldn't have been around in 2013 would it?
    Thanks for any advice!
    SPESH: Euduro Expert Carbon 29er '14; STUMPJUMPERS FSR Comp Carbon 6Fattie '17; 29er HT Comp '13; FSR Pro '07; HT Pro '02

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    1: I just checked the Specialized dealer tech site, and according to that; they're Roval alloy rims on Specialized hubs (in this case based on Formula hubs and using a Formula freehub body.) If you need a new freehub body, you can get it through a Specialized dealer, or you can probably get something direct from Formula.
    2: I agree, the archive search has some problems. If you click on 'filter' on the left, you can choose by year, then find the bike that way. I believe this is the link for your bike:
    https://www.specialized.com/us/en/st...carbon29/38061

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by StumpjumperUK View Post
    2. I used to be able to see the exact spec for the bike at this URL: http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bik...ercompcarbon29
    It's because your bike, which I am guessing you got in the UK, wasn't offered in the US (you cite a US URL). Here is the UK (i.e., GB) version of the URL:

https://www.specialized.com/gb/gb/st...carbon29/38061

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ny_velo View Post
    1they're Roval alloy rims on Specialized hubs (in this case based on Formula hubs and using a Formula freehub body.) If you need a new freehub body, you can get it through a Specialized dealer, or you can probably get something direct from Formula.
    Thanks ny_velo that's really useful. I have started looking at some Formula manuals on the web and though I haven't found the right one yet I believe I am in with a good chance.
    BTW the link wasn't my bike as the next poster pointed out...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Biking Brazilian View Post
    It's because your bike, which I am guessing you got in the UK, wasn't offered in the US (you cite a US URL). Here is the UK (i.e., GB) version of the URL:
    Thanks Biking Brazillian - You are quite right and I missed that. I guess because my bike was in us/en archive years ago I didn't think it would matter.
    In fact now I have looked more closely I think the archive may be better than before: it even has something about my 2002 Stumpjumper which was missing before.
    Thanks again.
    SPESH: Euduro Expert Carbon 29er '14; STUMPJUMPERS FSR Comp Carbon 6Fattie '17; 29er HT Comp '13; FSR Pro '07; HT Pro '02