mtbr member
    Jun 2007

whatsup with the changes to the Enduro series??

why all the frame re-design in the last 3 years?? something wrong with the 05-07 frame??

it seems like Stumpjumper is the new enduro, enduro is now Enduro SL and FSR XC is the new stumpjumper.....

mtbr member
    There isn't anything particularly wrong with the older enduro frames. However, they are a bit heavy, climb a bit sluggish, and are more downhill/freeride oriented whereas the new redesign is lighter, climbs more efficiently, and is more of an all around bike.

The Other Dude
    I agree, those 05-07 frames were my favorite "do-all" bike frames. Sure they were a bit heavier than the SL, but they had the weight balanced so well that it really didnt matter, it was just FUN bike to ride!
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

wretch
    Ive ridden the SL and I own an 06 Pro. . . For my size 6'3 and ride style, I really prefer the "old" style. . . Ill give the other models a year or two and then they should iron everything out. . . Next bike I get will probably be an SX though. . . I hope they dont do anything drastic to that.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by his dudeness
    There isn't anything particularly wrong with the older enduro frames. However, they are a bit heavy, climb a bit sluggish, and are more downhill/freeride oriented whereas the new redesign is lighter, climbs more efficiently, and is more of an all around bike.

Exactly, the earlier Enduros climbed better than the 05/o6 - 6" travel frames. It was much easier climbing hills on my 00 Enduro, downhill - no contest, the 05 is far superior.

I think the 07 brings the Enduro back to its earlier roots.

mtbr member
    I thought very hard about picking up a leftover "comp" in medium just for the frame. I really like my '07 but I'm afraid somethings going to break and I'll be stuck with an sx or new enduro frame. I don't see it being an issue as I don't go near as big as other guys with the same bike but I do make mistakes alot

I think it's the best comprimise frame for me. I bought the wife an '07 stumpy and have logged a few miles on it myself but as others have said the enduro is just so damn fun!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    To me, my '04 Enduro Expert feels more XC than my new '07 Enduro Expert, which feels more AM (beefier for steeper and higher and faster).