Gravity Rides Everything

What's an SJ120 frame worth?

I'm thinking about ditching my 120 frame and getting a hard tail for the winter (hardrock maybe? but with SJ120 parts on it), and then a 5-spot frame in the spring.

it's a medium. bought in april, ridden for the season. paint is in pretty decent shape, pivots and stuff are good. the shock will be push-rebuilt by the time I sell it. (pro-pedal is not functioning at the moment)
    is 800 bucks too much money to expect?

I wanna get rid of it probably early september if anyone here is interested.

RFKA Coldsnap
    May 2005
    SJ120 S-Works is $1700 new for an '05, soon to be a lot cheaper because of the '06 models. So let's say the frame (non-sworks) is about $1000 new with shock.

Season of riding enough to warrant a shock rebuild, paint probably with some scratches and chips here and there, and I'd say $500 max. But that's just me. I'm not one of those people that goes onto eBay and pays close to 75% of the original cost of a bike a couple years later. Especially not a Spesh due to the warranty not carrying over to the second owner.

Did I mention I'm cheap?

Just so you know, I'm not interested in your frame but thought I would share my thoughts.
    [SIZE=1]EXTREEM MEDIUM MOUNTAINSTYLE SLOPCROSS STEEDS:
    '06 Iron Horse 7Point3 w/888RC + Roco
    '05 Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc FR-Pimped
    '92 Specialized HardRock Pink-Retro-XC-Pimped[/SIZE]

Gravity Rides Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Butter Topping
    SJ120 S-Works is $1700 new for an '05, soon to be a lot cheaper because of the '06 models. So let's say the frame (non-sworks) is about $1000 new with shock.

Season of riding enough to warrant a shock rebuild, paint probably with some scratches and chips here and there, and I'd say $500 max. But that's just me. I'm not one of those people that goes onto eBay and pays close to 75% of the original cost of a bike a couple years later. Especially not a Spesh due to the warranty not carrying over to the second owner.

Did I mention I'm cheap?

Just so you know, I'm not interested in your frame but thought I would share my thoughts.

thanks man. if I got 500 I wouldn't be too pissed... but hell knowing a "cheap" guy will pay 500 for it is cool. I find the price of things on ebay often go 1-200 dollars above what many consider reasonable. Hence, I rarely buy things on ebay, but i often sell them there.