Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What's The Latest Thing You've Done To Your Specialized Bike?

719K views 2K replies 930 participants last post by  Bikeworks 
#1 ·
Picked up some Salsa Flip-Off Skewers to replace the standard Specialized skewers that haven't felt right since a muddy race in April. After my most recent ride, the skewer on the front wheel was so loose I could turn it while closed. Freaked me out a bit so I thought I'd throw on somethin fancy:

In Red for my Silver 07 Epic Comp :thumbsup:

What's your latest change/upgrade?

See less See more
#2,243 ·
XX 1 And XT

I finally got around to installing my XX 1 Group Set (7 months)and my Shimano XT M785 Brakes ($146) New with Ice Tech Rotor's 180 F 160 R. ($85) New
I went with a Chris King Ceramic bottom bracket. ($120) New
XX 1 Crank ($235) Guy took one 10 mile ride then sold it to me with a 32 Tooth Chain ring.
34 Tooth Direct mount chain ring. ($75)New
XX 1 Rear Derailleur 2.1 ($239) New
XG-1199 10 - 42 Rear Cassette ($258) New
XO Grip Shifter ($60) New Take Off couldn't pass it up
PC-XX1 11 speed chain. ($30) New
Came out nicely so now the build is:
2012 Stump jumper Comp 29 HT With Reba RL dual air fork.
Light Bicycle 27 mm hook less Carbon hoops running tubeless. (Aprox. $1,000 to build)
DT Swiss Comp spokes white with Red nipples.
ENVE Carbon Sweep bars 740 mm ($150)New
Thompson 70 mm stem ($60) New
Specialized Carbon seat post ($80) New
Phenom pro saddle (Came with bike)
Shimano PD-M520 pedals ($25) New
OSI Chunky Grips. ($13) New
:thumbsup:
Only thing that is stock is the frame and the saddle.
Took awhile because I waited for the right deals and I also bought all the Park Tools and stand I needed to do the build.
The build was fun and it's worth every penny having the right tools like simple things like The Park Tool Dag-2 Derailleur Hanger Adjustment Tool found out my hanger was a little bit off with XX 1 you want it perfect from what I've been told.
Here are some pics. Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Rim Spoke
Bicycle part Bicycle drivetrain part Gear Crankset Circle
Bicycle tire Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel rim Spoke
Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part Bicycle
Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Tire Wheel
Bicycle tire Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel

#2,250 ·
Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Automotive tire Mode of transport

I made some upgrades to the '04 SJ FSR Pro- Took off the XT 3x9, went to Full XLS 2x10 with XLS pedals, took off XT V-brake, went to XLS hydraulics with 160 rear 180 front, Command Post, WTB TCS wheels (I hope to never have to tape again- I'll re-hub the Mavic 817's) and installed a carbon Monkey Lite 660 bar. A little bit of valve grinding compound and the bar is set up nice. Rebuilt the Terralogic fork and the shock- love how easy Fox can be.
This is the first I've run with clipless pedals. I'm wearing Dainese Trail Skins and I'm using them well.

#2,251 · (Edited)
Sold my baby and got a super baby!

Sold my beloved 2013 Epic Expert Carbon(souped up to all XTR drivetrains), bit the bullet and bought mint 2014 S-Works Epic WC, upgraded to S-Works Phenom saddle, ESI Chunky grips, and Shimano RT86 Rotors. Couldn't be happier.

Attachments

#2,254 ·
Last weekend I finally got some time to convert my tires to tubeless. I was expecting a lot of work but the Roval Carbon rims were already sealed so all I had to do was pull out the inner tube, put in a tubless valve, poor in some slimy stuff and inflate! I even managed to inflate them with a regular floor pump without much trouble :)

I've had just one ride with this setup so far but it's working OK so far. The wheels sound a bit different, something I didn't expect. So far, so good. Now there's just my youngest sons bike left to convert to tubeless (a Trailcraft Pineridge 24" with Stan's rims on it).

Kind regards,

Clemens

#2,260 ·
Your going to Love the ENVE bars.
I have 740's on My Stump Jumper HT and just got a set of the new 760's for my Carbon HT build also the ENVE Mountain Stem 70 mm and the ENVE seat post.
The LB wheel set should be nice also. I have had a set of the 27 mm with King hubs on My SJ HT for over a year they are awesome.
Enjoy the ride..........................