Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What's The Latest Thing You've Done To Your Specialized Bike?

719K views 2K replies 930 participants last post by  Bikeworks 
#1 ·
Picked up some Salsa Flip-Off Skewers to replace the standard Specialized skewers that haven't felt right since a muddy race in April. After my most recent ride, the skewer on the front wheel was so loose I could turn it while closed. Freaked me out a bit so I thought I'd throw on somethin fancy:

In Red for my Silver 07 Epic Comp :thumbsup:

What's your latest change/upgrade?

See less See more
#2,155 ·
View attachment 881673 Sworks Carbon bar. Feels solid !
Yeah i have this due to back issues i need a more upright position
Specialized Bicycle Components

it also feels rock solid i mean when i got it it felt like it couldn´t break for anything so i´m happy with it a little heavier than the flat bars but at the point of ordering it no flat bars was available might change for a flat bar in the future but good choice of handle bar

#2,156 ·
Rode my brand new 2014 stumpjumper 29 comp and 3 miles out my rear hub crapped the bed. I am guessing that a pawl came loose and grabbed and broke off. So my cassette would get hung up while freewheeling. Brakes defy need a blled. Anyone have a 2014 stumpy with the formula c1's? Sigh.. :-:)-(

#2,161 ·
Over the winter got a few more toys for the Stumpy. Added a KS Lev 125mm, Canfield Bros Crampons, Chromag OSX Fubars 780mm and Raceface Half Nelson grips. This week I put the finishing touches on the first set of wheels I've built. Laced up some WTB KOM rims to some DT Swiss 350 hubs with the 36 star ratchet upgrade on the rear and went with the WTB Vigilante 2.3 Team Issues for tires. So far the setup has been fantastic and these tires have unbelievable amounts of grip. Love the buzz from the new hubs.

#2,162 ·
Nice bike SDKmann. I got one just like it, similar build but with pike and added an evo link. I cut my osx bars down to 750mm and got a set of I9s. Im currently waiting on monarch plus to become available so I can dump the triad. The triad shock is okay but bottoms out too easily and is harsh in midstroke.

#2,163 ·
Nice! We may end up having very similar builds, adding a Evo link is next on my list and I'd like to get ahold of a Pike this season as well. Rode an Enduro with one and it's a night and day difference over the stock Float. I will also be ditching the Triad although I'm thinking that I'll be going with a RP23 if I can get my hands on one.

#2,170 ·
After I swapped from an Enduro Expert 29er to an Epic Expert World Cup, I swapped the bar and stem to an Easton EC70 720mm and Thomson X4 110mm x 10 degree rise, ESI Chunky grips, Easton EC90 seatpost, Romin Expert Evo 155mm saddle, 2.3 Ground Control front tire and 2.0 Captain rear(both Control casing and tubeless), two carbon cages, S.W.A.T. mini multi-tool and XTR 970 pedals my new bike weighs 24.0 pounds. My Enduro was pretty light at 29 lbs, but this bike sooo much better going uphill, and the penalty going downhill compared to the Enduro isn't as bad as I expected.