Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What's The Latest Thing You've Done To Your Specialized Bike?

719K views 2K replies 930 participants last post by  Bikeworks 
#1 ·
Picked up some Salsa Flip-Off Skewers to replace the standard Specialized skewers that haven't felt right since a muddy race in April. After my most recent ride, the skewer on the front wheel was so loose I could turn it while closed. Freaked me out a bit so I thought I'd throw on somethin fancy:

In Red for my Silver 07 Epic Comp :thumbsup:

What's your latest change/upgrade?

See less See more
#2,178 ·
My 2012 Stump Jumper HT 29er.
I installed some ENVE Carbon sweep bars 740 mm.
ESI Chunky Grips
Light Bicycles Hook Bead Less Carbon Wheel set with Chris King ISO 28 hole hubs with DT SWISS Comp spokes white with Red alloy nipples.
Specialized Captain 2.20 Control front.
Specialized Renegade 1.95 Control Rear.
Running tubeless with Stan's Tape valves and sealant.

#2,180 ·
I haven't had a chance to ride them on any serious trails yet rode them around the neighbor hood after airing them up felt pretty firm but they had 35 psi in front and rear.
I will get back and report after I drop the air pressure to normal 25 psi rear and 20 psi front and hit some single track.
As far as how good they are according to the (Cheap) Chinese Carbon Rims Thread here on MTBR they seem to be very well built.
http://forums.mtbr.com/29er-components/cheap-chinese-carbon-rims-673410.html
As far as Hub's I'm running Chris King ISO 28 hole front 9 mm T.A and rear 10 x 135 QR.
Bought them from a a guy online new.

#2,183 ·
New seat, grips and stem

Already switched the tires (2.3 Ground Control front, 2.0 The Captain rear, both tubeless and Control casing), EC90 seatpost, EC70 720 mm flat bar and added 2 carbon rib cages and S.W.A.T. mini tool. The new stem is an 80mm x 6 degree rise Kalloy Uno "6", the grips are Vans ODI Lock on, the seat is a 155mm Specialized Romin Expert Evo. Oh yeah, switched the brake pads to 7.1 performance compound.:thumbsup: Now it is set up right for Colorado singletrack!

#2,187 ·
Added an Easton EC70 seatpost to get rid of the creaking/crackling from the oem unit. I did like the quality of the Spec seatpost; too bad it made too much noise. The Easton is sweet and silent. The s/p collar is Fourier's and it rocks.

#2,195 ·
Well, another update, probably the last on this bike (at least until those new WTB carbon rims are available!). Swapped the drivetrain to full XT, a 32T Narrow Wide from Raceface, KMC X10 gold chain, E13 Turbocharger, and the 42T and Rad Cage from One Up Components. Mid swap I spent a couple hours cleaning the bike and touching up the chips in the paint, so it gets to sit on some carpet until the next ride. Love this bike!

#2,202 ·
dropped my rockhopper off at my LBS for a new bottom bracket..... would have been done yesterday, but they thought they had the right BB and the one they had was the wrong one..... so they had to order the right one.... should get it back today or tomorrow