Page 80 of 89 FirstFirst ... 30 70 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2225
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TRY2KPUP View Post
    I got them built up the same day I posted the pics. It's been raining pretty hard here since then, so I haven't been able to ride them yet. Or Should I say, "I dont feel like getting my rig packed full of mud right after I just cleaned out the pivots". Haha
    Don't worry, you're making a wise decision. I made the apposite choice last week and now my bike is covered in dry mud and needing a bath. With winter starting to take affect, there isn't much incentive to go out in the cold and wash it, lol.

Let us know when you get a chance to ride. I'm holding off on the hubs for a little longer cause I don't know if I should spend the extra money for the Hadley's.
    08 Enduro: '12 Van RC2, Push DHX 5 coil, Flow EX, Hope m4, 750mm bar, Blacklite Post.

Website
    http://all-mtn.com/

THAT guy
    Quote Originally Posted by camarosam View Post
    Don't worry, you're making a wise decision. I made the apposite choice last week and now my bike is covered in dry mud and needing a bath. With winter starting to take affect, there isn't much incentive to go out in the cold and wash it, lol.

Let us know when you get a chance to ride. I'm holding off on the hubs for a little longer cause I don't know if I should spend the extra money for the Hadley's.
    Hadley's, Kings, DT 240's etc are all great hubs. But what I found, is that for the money, the Hopes can't be beat. Unless a high POE is a must have, I don't see the point in spending the extra money. Just my 2 cents
    Bikes:
    2010 Spec Enduro comp.
    2013 Specialized Demo 8 (build)

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    The latest thing I've done to my bike was save money for it!! That rockhopper comp 29er is gonna be oh soo sweet when its mine

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Not so much done but going to do - cut down a chainstay protector to put on my Camber to prevent the rear brake cable rubbing through the frame. Seems it is a common issue on the bike.

After my last ride I did remove the mount for my Garmin edge 200 as I never use it on the mtb, only on my road bikes.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    As my above post ^ wasn't very exciting I thought I'd add one about my 13 year old son's Hardrock.

He has a 2012 Hardrock Disc in the black punk colourway.

So far these mods have taken place:
    Replaced the Fast Trak LK tyres (punctured first ride!) with heavier duty Maxxis High Roller 2.35"

Added some Kona Wah Wah pedals (that had once been on my steel HT)

Changed the saddle to a WTB Volt comp

Most recent mod was change the steel bars (640mm) which weighed loads!!!! for some Easton EA30's (685mm) that I had in my parts bin.

I have ridden his bike and I am really impressed at the VFM it represents. The mods have just made it ride that bit better too.

THAT guy
    Quote Originally Posted by camarosam View Post
    Let us know when you get a chance to ride.
    Well, I took the bike out on this awesome sunny california day. And all I have to say about the wheels is "night and day" They are MUCH stiffer than the stock wheels.
    Bikes:
    2010 Spec Enduro comp.
    2013 Specialized Demo 8 (build)

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Put pedals and rode for the first time, Stumpjember Comp HT 2009. Bought it from CL two days ago.

Specialized website did not have the owners manual for specific bikes, mine for example, do you guys know how to get a specific one from the website? I need it for the components maintenance.
    Also, do you guys follow the specific torque instructions for every bolt and nut and just go with your gut ? I only have a big torque wrench for the car and I dont see my self using it for the bike . Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

insert blank disk
    I purchased a stock 2012 Carve Expert about 6 months ago and since then I've made several upgrades:

• X9 Type 2 RD
    • X9 Rear Shifter
    • X7 Front Shifter
    • X7 FD
    • X7 2x10 Crankset

Very happy with the bike so far. I've shaved a "little" weight and she sits at 28.7 lbs w/ pedals and computer.

Next on the list is a carbon stem, carbon riser bars, carbon seat post.

Here is a picture from today's ride.

mtbr member
    Sold both 2011 Custom S-Works models (Epic and HT) and ordered a 2013 29er HT Frameset along with SL 29er wheels and S-Works carbon cranks.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    This thread makes me want whoever stole my 06 s-works to bring it back to its rightful home

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TRY2KPUP View Post
    Well, I took the bike out on this awesome sunny california day. And all I have to say about the wheels is "night and day" They are MUCH stiffer than the stock wheels.
    Good to hear, I just took the plunge and bought a new wheelset. Hope pro 2 evo wheelset.
    08 Enduro: '12 Van RC2, Push DHX 5 coil, Flow EX, Hope m4, 750mm bar, Blacklite Post.

Website
    http://all-mtn.com/

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by santacruzvpfree89 View Post
    i powdercoated my sx trail II

Holy thread resurrection!...but that is/was NICE

mtbr member

took her on a diet....

She is ready for the next season; down to 21 pounds 4 ounces with pedals, from 22 pounds 12 ounces without them....
    Couldn't afford the wheel set upgrade,but hey I'm pretty happy with this number..
    Tires are not light either but I need all the help with cornering....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What's The Latest Thing You've Done To Your Specialized Bike?-img_0379-copy.jpg  

What's The Latest Thing You've Done To Your Specialized Bike?-img_0378-copy.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Wow, I've just realised that I've managed to take a total of over 1.7 kilos off my bike so far - that's the weight of a whole frame! How did I even manage to move it before?!

Tonight I've replaced my RD-M510 top-normal derailleur with a new RD-M960 low-normal running from ST-M739s at the front...but I'm having the mother of a time getting it to shift properly!

The other 'latest thing I did' to it before this was crashing it as the bike went one way and I went the other on ice this week.
    Last edited by snowcatsmiling; 12-13-2012 at 07:13 PM.
    We're not all elitists but I'm doing my best within my means...

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Ive been fiddling a bit:

Stans flowex (White) on Hope pro 2 Evo's (red)
    XT M785 brakes
    XT shifters i-spec mounted
    new handlebars (needed white to match! )
    Red hope grip doctors (needed them to match too!!)

all fitted except the front brake - should be here tomorrow. Cant wait to try the new brakes and shifters, its just so cold here right now!! :-(

Last thing remianing is the Reverb seatpost but that will be after chrimbo.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    cleaned out the "coral" of stan's sealant

had a spoke & nipple replaced

retaped the rims

popped the captain control onto one rim (arch ex)... blister on my thumb....

CX tubeless is 100x easier

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by down2ride View Post
    I purchased a stock 2012 Carve Expert about 6 months ago and since then I've made several upgrades:

• X9 Type 2 RD
    • X9 Rear Shifter
    • X7 Front Shifter
    • X7 FD
    • X7 2x10 Crankset

Very happy with the bike so far. I've shaved a "little" weight and she sits at 28.7 lbs w/ pedals and computer.

Next on the list is a carbon stem, carbon riser bars, carbon seat post.

]
    Nice ride, I am a shimino guy but I like what you have done. My XXL is 33.7lbs so your bike is not bad at all.

Makr
    2012 XXL Carve Expert

mtbr member
    I upgraded my M446 brakes to Finned XT trail brakes with Ice Tech rotors. Also upgraded my Deore Shifters to XT. I love the difference. I like to be able to pull the top shifter to gear up. I also got a free chainstay protector from my LBS.

Bike is heavy at 33.7 lbs but for a XXL I am not to sad, I will try and get some ligher rims soon.

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What's The Latest Thing You've Done To Your Specialized Bike?-bike1.jpg  

What's The Latest Thing You've Done To Your Specialized Bike?-bike2.jpg  

What's The Latest Thing You've Done To Your Specialized Bike?-bike3.jpg  

What's The Latest Thing You've Done To Your Specialized Bike?-bike4.jpg  

2012 XXL Carve Expert

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I've been doing a whole lot lately to my HT 29er built up. Collecting parts for the past 7months and doing research and learning a whole lot about bikes.Hopfully I can post pics soon. I'm using a 2009 Rockhopper Expert 29er frame with the WW2 theme and pin-up girl underneath the Horizontal tube. I have almost everything collected. GF is getting me the XO GXP 2x10 crankset for X-mas. Drivetrain is going to be XX and XO components. Recently purchased a Manitou Tower Pro fork.It will be my competition XC bike. I will still keep my 2008 Stumpy FSR Comp and switch from time to time.

I can't wait to get out on the trail.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    The latest thing I did to mine was put a $250 down payment on it. Once I pay another $250 I can bring it home, with only one more payment to go after that.

banned
    Sep 2012
    Modded my headtube so I could put in a fork with a tapered steerer.

Before

After

mtbr member
    Added XX1

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

New bars

New Race Face Atlas 725mm bars on my 2010 fsr xc expert. Hoping to see a difference in the handling.

Also thinking about a new fork to replace the Recon. There is a 2011 Fox vanilla 140mm brand new on Craigslist for $200. Wondering if it would be a good upgrade, going from air to coil.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

banned
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
    New Race Face Atlas 725mm bars on my 2010 fsr xc expert. Hoping to see a difference in the handling.

Also thinking about a new fork to replace the Recon. There is a 2011 Fox vanilla 140mm brand new on Craigslist for $200. Wondering if it would be a good upgrade, going from air to coil.
    That's a downgrade.

BTW. U of A sucks!!

lol

-S

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Before:

^ ^Some studio shots I did a few years ago

^^ Bike in its latest state.

After:

Page 80 of 89 FirstFirst ... 30 70 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast