Page 79 of 89 FirstFirst ... 29 69 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2212
    mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    replaced chain and bashguard. waiting on some green anodized chain ring bolts

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Replaced hope floating rotors with hope fixed rotors. I had issues with the floating rotor developing play and making noises while descending. I haven't noticed a bit of difference in braking performance between the fixed and floating after changing them out. Go with the fixed rotors, if u do get hope brakes.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Added a ZTR Crest rim hope pro2 hub and Racing Ralph to the front.. (just after this pic)

Now im not sure what else, any suggestions!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Avid organic pads for my 12 Camber Comp 29r.
    2012 Specialized Camber Comp 29er
    Trek 9800 OLCV, XT upgrade 26er
    KHS Fleetwood
    Schwinn 20" Fastback 5 speed stick shift

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Pulled my rims apart yesterday for a necessary degreasing an repacked the bearings... currently indexing the rear XT as I look at all the stunning bikes you guys are riding.... I myself, am jealous... lol!

n00b
    Mar 2012
    Ghetto modification to my BB-mounted chain guide. Clamped it to the downtube with help of a piece of nailstrip covered with heat-shrink tubing.

What's The Latest Thing You've Done To Your Specialized Bike?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1350113557.041432.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    HTII BB (from sq taper), M590 front mech (from FD-M330) and chainset (from Truvativ x-forge), M739 shifter/brake lever combo (from ST-MC20), BMX bar plugs to handle falls after fitting M740 SPDs...superglued stand bracket because it wouldn't stop moving!

Currently in market for lighter wheelset.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We're not all elitists but I'm doing my best within my means...

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    It looks nice, CaptainYann!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainYann View Post
    Ghetto modification to my BB-mounted chain guide. Clamped it to the downtube with help of a piece of nailstrip covered with heat-shrink tubing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350113557.041432.jpg 
Views:	1375 
Size:	155.9 KB 
ID:	730318

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Really, I was thinkin good job, I love low tech solutions that look so good the average rider wouldnt notice first glance, that always rocks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    got a new fork put on my bike a little over a week ago -

http://chattypics.com/files/iPhoneUpload_9c4wamqno5.jpg

2013 Fox 32 Float 100 CTD and a NoTubes ZTR Flow EX (needed to swap hubs so I could run a QR15 axel) on my 2012 Rockhopper 29.

had it out for the first time today, and the difference is astounding!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Um, I don't know at which point it's no longer the same bike, but I've got a new frame on the way!

Lighter (so I'm told but I'd love to know my own frame weight, can't find it online) but a year older. I hope it's worth it.

Specialized told me today that it's a good move and that my existing frame is "famous for being bombproof". Well, it's nice and tight and feels rock solid. Let's see how the change feels next week...I'll post.

Actually, I've also got new wheels coming so I'll give you an update.

banned
    Sep 2012
    ....built up my "new" 2007 S-Works SJ FSR Carbon frame over the weekend. Took it for a ride today.

mtbr member
    New parts put on for the stump jumper:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What's The Latest Thing You've Done To Your Specialized Bike?-stumpjumper.jpg  

What's The Latest Thing You've Done To Your Specialized Bike?-answers.jpg  

What's The Latest Thing You've Done To Your Specialized Bike?-answers2.jpg  

What's The Latest Thing You've Done To Your Specialized Bike?-havocstem.jpg  

What's The Latest Thing You've Done To Your Specialized Bike?-havocstem2.jpg  

2014 Specialized Enduro S-Works
    2012 Specialized SJ FSR Elite
    2012 DB Scapegoat
    2012 Canfield Yelli Screamy 25.8lbs

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    for starters i added some red anno ODI bar plugs,

then i was able to install much long awaited new wheels.
    Red Chris King hubs, DT swiss aerolite spokes(black) red dt prolock nipples, WTB i23 hoops.
    wheelset with gorilla tape and red american classic valve stems weigh in at 1850g.

and i wrapped the rear wheel with a new nobby nic tire.
    Juice

mtbr member
    I am alternating between three seats trying to decide which one I like the most

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    got rid of it

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    DT Swiss 4.2d rear on Hope Hoops ProII, Mavic x717 front on Hope 'Santa Cruz' ProII, replacing stock Alex DM20s. Just over 500g lighter! Feels great.

Shocked that Mavic say their max rim pressure is 4 bar for any sized tyre. The guy I got these from ran 1 inch tyres at 90psi on the road with no problems! I'll stick safely at 60psi or thereabouts on my 1.75 Marathon Plus.

Now looking at an '06 Stumpy frame with lots of paint chips to replace my '03 HR Pro in perfect nick.

Can't get decals anywhere so thinking about reflective stickers / finding someone who can retouch instead of whole respray.

No bridges so rear mudguard will be going on with zip ties!

(Does anyone know how 7005 T6 alu compares to Specialized A1? All I can find online is Specialized's line that theirs is an alloy of Alu + magic. Please DM me if you know. I'm more interested in relative weights than stiffness etc - trying to find out at what level I need to upgrade a 7005 T6 Scott frame to make it a Specialized frame that will be lighter. It's built as a bike so can't weigh just the current frame. Thanks.)

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Forgot to mention, swapped out stock 620mm / 80mm to Ritchey WCS Carbon alloy 90mm stem and Bontrager Race x lite carbon alloy 640mm bars.

The light/stiff feel and diffeent type of reverberation really has to be experienced. Love it.

Now spent two weeks getting Specialized black paint off my own stem and putting as high a shine as I can on it before swapping it to replace the heavier steel stem on other half's bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What's The Latest Thing You've Done To Your Specialized Bike?-2012-10-26-11.15.19.jpg  

What's The Latest Thing You've Done To Your Specialized Bike?-2012-10-26-11.06.06.jpg  

What's The Latest Thing You've Done To Your Specialized Bike?-2012-10-26-11.05.52.jpg  

What's The Latest Thing You've Done To Your Specialized Bike?-2012-10-26-11.11.46.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    respect

mtbr member
    I just got in my new set of Decoy 2.5 flats from CRC and threw them on the Rockhopper. MAN ARE THESE NICE!
    _DSC1070

banned
    Sep 2012
    Rebuilt cassette freewheel with bushing I DIY'ed on my lathe.

Installed new Phenom seat

Installed new Specialized Comp-Set stem (75mm x 24+4 degrees)

-S

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Replaced the seat post with a Thomson Masterpiece and the seat with a Selle Italia Slr...

THAT guy
    Got my new wheels built up. Hope pro 2 evo's, Mavic en521 hoops, DT comp spokes, and a DT RWS skewer for the rear. Oh, and i'm running a modified chain guide with the Hammerschmidt. Cuts down on the chain slap ALOT.
    Edit: The new wheels were intended to be tubeless (you can see the mavic stems in the picture.) But it wasnt until I had Caffe latex spewing all oveer the shop floor, that I realized the specialized "SX" casing isnt tubeless....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What's The Latest Thing You've Done To Your Specialized Bike?-imag0180.jpg  

What's The Latest Thing You've Done To Your Specialized Bike?-imag0187.jpg  

What's The Latest Thing You've Done To Your Specialized Bike?-imag0186.jpg  

What's The Latest Thing You've Done To Your Specialized Bike?-imag0185.jpg  

Last edited by TRY2KPUP; 11-16-2012 at 11:00 PM.
    Bikes:
    2010 Spec Enduro comp.
    2013 Specialized Demo 8 (build)

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TRY2KPUP View Post
    Got my new wheels built up. Hope pro 2 evo's, Mavic en521 hoops, DT comp spokes, and a DT RWS skewer for the rear. Oh, and i'm running a modified chain guide with the Hammerschmidt. Cuts down on the chain slap ALOT.
    Edit: The new wheels were intended to be tubeless (you can see the mavic stems in the picture.) But it wasnt until I had Caffe latex spewing all oveer the shop floor, that I realized the specialized "SX" casing isnt tubeless....
    Nice. I'm going with that same setup on my enduro with en521 rims and competition spokes, but I'm going with Hadley hubs instead.

How are you liking the wheels so far?
    08 Enduro: '12 Van RC2, Push DHX 5 coil, Flow EX, Hope m4, 750mm bar, Blacklite Post.

Website
    http://all-mtn.com/

THAT guy
    Quote Originally Posted by camarosam View Post
    Nice. I'm going with that same setup on my enduro with en521 rims and competition spokes, but I'm going with Hadley hubs instead.

How are you liking the wheels so far?
    I got them built up the same day I posted the pics. It's been raining pretty hard here since then, so I haven't been able to ride them yet. Or Should I say, "I dont feel like getting my rig packed full of mud right after I just cleaned out the pivots". Haha
    Bikes:
    2010 Spec Enduro comp.
    2013 Specialized Demo 8 (build)

Page 79 of 89 FirstFirst ... 29 69 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast