My 2012 Hardrock Disc just received a 9 speed upgrade:

SRAM X9 Front Derailleur
    SRAM X9 Rear Derailleur
    SRAM X9 Trigger Shifters
    SRAM PG-970 Cassette
    SRAM PC-971 Chain
    Shimano Deore M590 Crankset - 22-32-44 w/External BB
    Pure XM Wheelset - Black w/Black Spokes & Red Alloy Nipples

I did all the work myself over the weekend. Now I need to get out and ride it like I stole it!!!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I test fitted the Reba fork to my '08 RH Disc.

The Original Suspect
    New ano red bb from Crupi and swapped Raceface Evolve cranks from '99 Stumps fsr to Camber.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Both 2010's, and both were stock. Upgrades are mostly aesthetic for my first round, open to suggestions!

For the Stumpy, I am planning a 2X9 w/bashguard and chainguide conversion with an X-9 med r. der. and X-9 shifters, I hear they're leaps and bounds better than the X-7's. That way, I'll be able to switch over the X-9 der - X-7 shifter setup to the Rockhopper. Do you guys this I should do that or invest in a new wheelset first?

Rockhopper is super fun as is and is a fantastic bike to transfer parts from the Stumpy as I upgrade so I'm not terribly worried about what will happen to that thing. And some part of me loves the V brakes... dunno why.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Hi!

I have striped the paint from my 2010 Demo frame and got it anodised
    I am going to rebuild it completely for 2013.
    Here is how it looks now - custom stickers to come :

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Sold this

Name:  5I75U35H43E83M63I3c9d2d298c546ad71d70.jpg
Views: 1278
Size:  10.4 KB

and bought this

What's The Latest Thing You've Done To Your Specialized Bike?-img-20120923-00283.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Natban View Post
    Sold this

Name:  5I75U35H43E83M63I3c9d2d298c546ad71d70.jpg
Views: 1278
Size:  10.4 KB

and bought this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20120923-00283.jpg 
Views:	982 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	726206
    Great switch!!! Congratulations on the new steed!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Crashed it... and fixed the rotor after that...

I eat cats
    Took off the dork disc and reflectors.. Before my first ride on it of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by CannondaleF9 View Post
    You see, I don't have a single brand name in my signature because I know most bike brands and component brands 99%.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Rockhopper question year, date? How to raise handlebars

Im having a hard time trying to figure out this forum thing, so this is the only way I can post a question. I just purchased a Specialized Rockhopper, I would like to find out some information about it. I need to know how to determine how old it is and also how to raise the handlebars up a little higher. The bars are to low for me so when I ride more than 10 minutes I begain to louse circulation in my hands and they go numb. Any advice would be great or may be I could be told how to start my own thread or what ever.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    ^ I work out my abs so I can maintain the erection of the the upper body weight using abs and not placing it on the wrists. That and you can also get a riser handlebar.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Hay thanks for the info, Ill try working on my abs some but for me it seems that my back muscles are what I use more than any thing to remove the waight off my hands. I have found a few risers at Walmrts on line catalog however they are not very spacific to which one may fit my bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    ^ I would't buy one at wal-mart...they are very inexpensive at sites like chainreactioncysles.com...I think your size is 31.8 mm, just pick which width you want.

If you work on your abs, you will notice that it will relief your back muscles, as well as your wrists.

Browse this forum more, especially Rockhopper upgrades page, and see what people are getting and what it looks like. I have learned a ton of new info, as my RH is my first "real" bike . Stay away from wal-mart tho as far as buying parts...unless it's something like lube or tubes or ammo lol.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mlbdrums View Post
    Hay thanks for the info, Ill try working on my abs some but for me it seems that my back muscles are what I use more than any thing to remove the waight off my hands. I have found a few risers at Walmrts on line catalog however they are not very spacific to which one may fit my bike.
    Cheap adjustable risers won't hold up to the impacts of mountain biking. I would recommend a product such as a Ritchey adjustable riser so you can experiment with height. Maybe order it though your LBS to make sure you get the right steerer tube and handle bar diameters. Also play around with seat hight and front/rear position for better hand comfort.

Google bike set-up for more info on fitting you to your bike. Also search these forums.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mlbdrums View Post
    Im having a hard time trying to figure out this forum thing, so this is the only way I can post a question. I just purchased a Specialized Rockhopper, I would like to find out some information about it. I need to know how to determine how old it is and also how to raise the handlebars up a little higher. The bars are to low for me so when I ride more than 10 minutes I begain to louse circulation in my hands and they go numb. Any advice would be great or may be I could be told how to start my own thread or what ever.

Thanks!
    Google Specialized Rockhopper and click Images. You might be able to match yours with one of the pics and go from there.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Thank you very much! I will work on my abbs also, your most helpfull!

mtbr member
    Just set up my new wheels.

[IMG][/IMG]

mtbr member
    2011 Stumpy FSR Comp....just set up tubeless.....wow! Big improvement.

mtbr member
    2011 Stumpy FSR Comp....just set up tubeless.....wow! Big improvement.
    ...yeah so custom Industry Nine wheels with black eye adding up to 1lb of weight savings.2013 comp frame is temporary until I get my Troy Lee frame. Why the hate lol?

mtbr member
    Replaced the rear derailleur and chain when the other one exploded two miles into my first ride on the bike. Boo minus.
    Did the switch in the Performance parking lot. Still had time to get in another 10 miles before I had to be back home.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_Brad View Post
    ...yeah so custom Industry Nine wheels with black eye adding up to 1lb of weight savings.2013 comp frame is temporary until I get my Troy Lee frame. Why the hate lol?
    Relax tiger, I posted "MY" improvement, I was not commenting on yours.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Rock Hopper FS Comp A1

Just purchased this for $125 any idea what year this is Rock Hopper Comp A1 FS
    Did i get an ok deal? New rear tube a little elbow grease on the trail that night!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What's The Latest Thing You've Done To Your Specialized Bike?-rock1.jpg  

Last edited by qkeys; 10-01-2012 at 11:00 AM.

mtbr member
    No picture with your post so I figured you were directing the comment at me. Don't worry I am more than relaxed.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Swapped out my revelations for some 36 float RC2's.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Swapped out my busted up X9 crankset for a beefy Shimano Saint.

Page 78 of 89 FirstFirst ... 28 68 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 88 ... LastLast