hit the dirt
    Feb 2008

what would you guys pay for an 05

Wondering what a good price would be for an 05 stumpjumper disc? All stock, very good condition. I have been looking for more of an AM bike but the weight of them is too much and i ride with a lot of XC guys so if I can get a good deal on this I will prob pick it up. Thanks for the input.

hit the dirt
    Feb 2008
    i know no one likes answering these but the help would be appreciated. Trying to figure out if its a good deal or pass on it and look for a different used bike. I dont want to lose my ass on my first MB bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smiko0124
    i know no one likes answering these but the help would be appreciated. Trying to figure out if its a good deal or pass on it and look for a different used bike. I dont want to lose my ass on my first MB bike.
    I believe msrp back in '05 for a Stumpy Comp FSR was about $2000. Assuming it was decent shape, I would pay no more than $700. Don't get me wrong, I love the FSR (starting to put stuff together to build on a Stumpy frame myself), but with the technological changes in the last 3 years, it's not too easy to sell, or its worth frame or component wise.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Just find out the MSRP of the bike, that will help you a lot. If it was 2000 like gymrat says, then the closouts at bike shops were going for 1400-1600, and closeouts on ebay were 1000-1400, which means a mint used should probably be 500-700 at the most. Add a little for upgrades, subtract a little for problems.

Huh?
    Think about it this way. Resale of value of a bike goes down 60 percent per year.