mtbr member
    Jan 2014

What type of riding do you do on your CARVE/CRAVE???

Reason why i ask is that i recently purchased a carve 29er. Sole purpose was for long XC rides and some single track trails near by.

My friends and I (all 29ers) have recently been riding more downhill-ish types of trail lately ie. roots, rocks, descents, some berms etc.

My question is, what type of trails/riding can the carve/crave handle?
    Just trying to explore the limits of the bike….

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    There are 2 limits: You and the Bike. Now you can take the crave down what ever you want, but can you handle it. 4' plus drops? you are passing the limits of the bike and the amount of fun you can have on it. The crave is a good lower mid level XC bike .

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Thanks for the input, I recently purchased a 130mm Fox float CTD fork, would 30mm addition to the front be a huge change in geo and handling characteristics of the bike?

Im not very confident on the xc32 fork its currently set up on, hence the purchase of a new fork.

mtbr member
    I haven't seen guys do more than 120mm. It'll raise the front end, slacken the headtube angle, and shorten the reach. It'll also bring the bottom bracket up. That'll alter the geometry and handling of the bike. If you have the fork, give it a shot. You can always take it off if you don't like it.

One thing though. Running a fork more than 100mm may void the warranty if you have damage that may be related to running a longer than stock travel fork.