Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What is Specy doing for cracked Enduro rear triangles?

943 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Tattoo 
#1 · (Edited)
So on ore of the more mellow trails I've ever seen one of my buddies cracked the rear triangle on his Enduro.

I know they're prone to fail where it cracked, I've done it, many others I know have done the same. It just is the nature of that frame.

So what is Specy doing these days for this issue? I know the warranty is always kick ass with them, so just working out for a friend as to what they're going to do.

Any help is as always appreciated.

#2 ·
That's the first time I've heard that one. I know somebody who's had an Epic for about 4 years and they're not small, and ride once a week at least on some gnarly trails. I've just never heard of that issue or seen it posted on mtbr before.

#6 ·
This is a very common problem with the 05/06 Enduro and continuing with the 07SX. I have cracked two chainstays now - it's the left hand chainstay that always fails, just at the point where the chainstay is welded to the pivot yoke. However, the replacement I got this time has an extra bit of metal welded over the join on the inside of the chainstay. This is the reaplcement that Spesh has introduced to cure the problem and I hope it work because I've just had my whole frame (including the replacement stay) resprayed a rather fetching shade of pear white.

#7 ·
Crazy I ride my 2006 enduro hard and was using it for freeride until I got my first sxtrail. It handled everything I thru at it 20ft doubles, lots of 12ft gaps ,10ft hucks ect.

I guess I am the lucky one.

Anyways if your friend is the orginal owner then warranty will cover it . If bought used he will have to pay for a replacement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.